Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I can't help but draw parallels to getting your invite via e-mail to getting a Willy Wonka golden ticket...
There will be a special priority queue among the 450 that you can only join if you go with your grandfather.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I do wonder how many orders they received on the 20th May then. I ordered early morning but apparently was not one of the 450. Shame the order number gives nothing away

Maybe i shoudl have got my Grandpa to buy my pre-order

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The good news is that in a week we will hopefully have unbiased review of Jolla first device. From ergonomics to other omics!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
The good news is that in a week we will hopefully have unbiased review of Jolla first device. From ergonomics to other omics!
True. I hope I will be able to be objective, but of course the subjective merits of the upcoming gala evening will affect my judgement. If the event is spectacular enough that will surely wobble bias to one side or another

Given enough booze & showgirls anything can happen

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
So when will the invite to purchase emails be arriving?
noone knows but it must be soon maybe tomorrow.

I really hope you get an invite. If you are ready to move jolla should send you a invite. GL man!

@Marc. Give this guy an invite ASAP!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You derailed this thread tooo.....

you have to answer to invite till 20th. So I wouldn't count on order emails before that.

I wonder if people decline to go will others be invited in there place?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I wonder if people decline to go will others be invited in there place?
It would make sense to send invites to the next in line, yes.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It would make sense to send invites to the next in line, yes.
There is of course a logistical limit there, so they _may_ do a second round of invites, but eventually any spare device may be sold to the general public FIFO sort of way. Ultimately, somebody will get sick the day of the event even if they confirmed they would go, so that device would go to somebody else.