Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
After updating my N9 to PR1.2 I had to try if there were any new or enhanced features not mentioned until now. So i tried video playback (which seems a bit better) and then i tried to upload something on the web via browser. I tried with the default one, nothing.. tried with firefox and something like a file manager opened up but still couldn't make it work. So i tried it with opera and it worked flawlessly. Couldn't believe my eyes

Really not much of my effort here but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere and there was so much talking and hating about this simple feature so I thought I'd share this with you. Hope this helps someone and if you already knew about this, sorry - silly me. Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Thanks for sharing, seems we now have a dedicated "1.2 features only" thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82616
Be good if you can share your findings there, so we can compile one big list.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-27 at 22:05.

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I'm familiar with that thread but I don't know if this is a PR1.2 feature so I didn't write it there.

The Following User Says Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
So, you're just saying that Opera can upload files. This is irrelevant of what PR version your N9 is running.

Just like Opera has bookmarks and copy and paste, these are features that Opera has over the stock browser no matter what version of the OS you're running.

Perhaps move to the Opera thread?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Nothing new.... I could upload files with opera since day one when opera 11 was unofficially ported to harmattan...