Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Bummer, was kinda hoping that'd been implemented for many of these themes already...
Less risky too, in the event there's updates Nokia/others push, which cause issues with themes already installed, whereupon theme maker can just push a new update etc.
Oh well, never likely to use any of them that heavily, thanks....
Actually flotron has been trying to get his theme into the Store for this very reason; they failed him twice and I'm not aware much of what happened to his latest attempt...

If he manages to get his theme in, it'll open the "floodgates" for other submissions and then you'll get updates pushed to you...

At this point of time with the future of A4M uncertain I don't think its really a good idea to ask a theme developer to spend a considerable amount of time to jump thru the hoops A4M puts out to get the .deb into the A4M repo...

Lastly, regarding the issues that may caused by themes; kebbana has done his work well so you are not going to face issues while those .debs in F2thak's thread too are a separate entity on their own; they don't affect system functionality one bit...I haven't tried much of NovaG's work as i'm not really a fan of icons to be changed but I think he too has made his theme separate from affecting system functionality...

After all the 3 types of .debs mentioned above are based on Vesuri's own template for 3rd party themes so I think we can trust his judgment on this

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Guys beep profile icon got changed to red.. I wanna change it to default one (white) pls advice how i can i change it..

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by kebbana View Post
I can remove these from lite version no problem.
I truly like that all colors are the same even in the light version, so please don't remove it. Thanks

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
I truly like that all colors are the same even in the light version, so please don't remove it. Thanks
Like I said, it's all about personal preference. I was just saying that I like that the lite version is minimally altered from blanco.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Actually flotron has been trying to get his theme into the Store for this very reason; they failed him twice and I'm not aware much of what happened to his latest attempt...
If he manages to get his theme in, it'll open the "floodgates" for other submissions and then you'll get updates pushed to you...
At this point of time with the future of A4M uncertain I don't think its really a good idea to ask a theme developer to spend a considerable amount of time to jump thru the hoops A4M puts out to get the .deb into the A4M repo...<SNIP>
Bummer, I hope someone has success eventually, it'd be great thing to see standardised eventually.
Thanks for filling me in on everything, I'm mostly "out of the loop" these days...

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
Sry but I'm gonna go with imaginaryenemy preferring because he has donated. Maybe you can use normal version and remove things you don't like manually? Ask if you need help.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I also contacted to store about this and they simple answered to me: "Unfortunately, based on the Nokia N9 product data sheet, the device does not support themes where user can select and change the overall look of the user interface."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kebbana For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by kebbana View Post
I also contacted to store about this and they simple answered to me: "Unfortunately, based on the Nokia N9 product data sheet, the device does not support themes where user can select and change the overall look of the user interface."
Yup they are irritants on this...I'll check with flotron what happened to his theme as he had another work-around for them which was to create an icon on the homescreen toggling which would toggle between blanco and your theme...

The last I know was he was rejected due to not having PR1.1 compatibility meaning he had passed the "theme not allowed" stage...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by miffy4774 View Post
Guys beep profile icon got changed to red.. I wanna change it to default one (white) pls advice how i can i change it..
I posted you advice couple pages ago. Is it still the LPS beep icon or something else?

I just downloaded your black editions... should it show up in theme changer because it doesn't after I installed it.