Active Topics

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Hi,

Had my Nokia N9 for only a few days before i noticed a zig zag like scratch on the screen! If i buff it, it disappears, after a little use they reappear!!

I have wiped the screen down with alcohol and as its drying you can see it fill the scratch before evaporating!

Since then a new one has appeared! like i say the finger marks make it show up especially when your swiping!

I'm finding i have quite clammy hand sometimes and wonder if i have somehow scratch it because of this! not really sure how though!

anyone had this sort of problem?

will try and put a photo up soon

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Thats weird. I read that someone went to town on the screen with a sharp toolknife and really having trouble scratching it.

Shame .

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Thats weird. I read that someone went to town on the screen with a sharp toolknife and really having trouble scratching it.

Shame .
well its hard to call it a scratch as such, it looks like finger marks get caught forming a bigger mark. but after a buff its gone! it must be super fine but have no idea how it could have happen! I have been really careful!!!

Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
well its hard to call it a scratch as such, it looks like finger marks get caught forming a bigger mark. but after a buff its gone! it must be super fine but have no idea how it could have happen! I have been really careful!!!
Hmm N9 is using gorilla glass. This is hard to believe. Did u scratch it with your keychain ?

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Keychains won't scratch it either. When I had my E7 that also uses a Gorilla Glass I tried to scratch it on purpose with keys, screw drivers and so on, nothing...
Maybe if you REALLY push hard on it, it may scratch, not sure.. but I did play with it a lot with keys and no scratch on that screen.

Amazing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
try take a pic of it for us, get the a light to catch the mark when your screen is smudged with hand prints.

is the mark always in the same place and same shape?

I have the same issue, scratch marks in the top left hand corner of the screen, disappears when I clean the screen, but then re-appears with fingerprints etc.

Funny thing is that I think it came out of the box like that coz I noticed it on the first day.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
I have the same issue, scratch marks in the top left hand corner of the screen, disappears when I clean the screen, but then re-appears with fingerprints etc.

Funny thing is that I think it came out of the box like that coz I noticed it on the first day.
could it be anything to do with the curve of the glass and the way a smudged screen reflects the light? i'm curious to see this, does it look like liquid lines or scratches? possible it's not on the top of the glass but underside?

It's possible to scratch Gorilla glass. I have friends who have scratched theirs. They have no idea how it got scratched but it happens. It's best to use with a screen protector.