Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
thanks for this port! i'm still looking for the best alternative to the default media player and this is the first time i'm actually trying rockbox. it's not the most user-friendly choice in town but the options available are really enticing. i need to spend more time to get to know this.
i think this music player needs some time on the maemo spotlight. bump!

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by 7thd View Post
Does anyone have both Nitdroid and Rockbox working properly?
I suppose others might have same problem. Just reflashed from power-kernel v48 to v49. Same outcome...

I know a workaround tho
-1- flash to stock kernel only
-2- initialize database cq get it sorted out
-3- context menu "Start File Browser Here"; set one of the subdirs of /home to be the default dir
-4- install power-kernel + nitdroid
-5- refresh database only by updating/autoupdating the database. You can manoeuvre freely from the first level under /home and below. If you arrive at /home you cannot go below anymore. What remains is that you enter via the chosen subdir (see3).

Hi,

I don't know if any of the devs is still active here ?

I have a couple of questions related to the "N900 as an audiophile mobile player" thread :
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83270

Rockbox is of course a prime candidate for this on the software side.

Here is what we need help on :

1) someone in that thread noticed that Rockbox on Maemon used gstreamer. Does this imply that mp3 and/or flac decoding is done using the DSP ?

2) Our main problem right now is that we can connect an external USB sound device (using h-e-n and power kernel), and stream sound to/from it using the new ALSA device (using mplayer or MOC in the console, and without DSP acceleration).
Unfortunately attempts to make this work with pulseaudio and Hildon apps have been unsuccessful so far...

Does anyone know if there's a way to force apps using gstreamer to a special sink? Or make autoaudiosink redirecting to it?

Rockbox has "pulsesink" as output sink hardcoded. Could this be made configurable ?

TIA,
fp

Firstly I would like to say thank you for porting Rockbox to the N900. It is a very great app, especially the gap less playing function is great!

I have single question, because there are so many functions inside Rockbox and I could not find the answer: When I am using Rockbox and I get call, Rockbox stopped playing but does not start playing automatically after ending the call. Is there everywhere a function to activate this "auto play"?

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I think this is port-specific and not Rockbox generic funtionality.
thomasjfox can probably tell or I peek in the code

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
It would be nice, if this option could be integrated. Thanks for peeking.

Hey there,

Originally Posted by Acurus_ View Post
I have single question, because there are so many functions inside Rockbox and I could not find the answer: When I am using Rockbox and I get call, Rockbox stopped playing but does not start playing automatically after ending the call. Is there everywhere a function to activate this "auto play"?
The maemo port only handles incoming calls. The generic rockbox code can resume playback on finished calls.

I currently don't know why "SYS_CALL_HUNG_UP" is not handled, may be our friend "libplayback" doesn't notify us.
Though I doubit it. This needs investigation.

btw: I plan to bring rockbox 3.12 to maemo once it's released. The current git code still compiles fine, tested two days ago. Planned release is around the middle of September.

Thomas

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Hi there, I've tampered with theme. Clone of cabbie v2.0 (technically the same). I drew a more in-depth background basically and made things blue. Just for fun, btw which this player keeps on doing
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip bluecap.zip (211.6 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by 7thd; 2012-08-24 at 23:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7thd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Hai Thomas,
its already September and the latest RB version is out, already done with the port? I really like Rockbox because of it's pitch altering option.

I was recently testing Rockbox on the Cowon D2 (which I guess this port is based on?). I thought it could not be *more* buggy than that, but I was wrong. It keeps freezing up on me. Anyone else have this problem? Any further development on RB for Maemo?

Tags
audiophile, rockbox