Posts: 29 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ireland
I did a bit of searching and was unable to find the same issue posted so please forgive me if it has been covered.

I have a parrot mki 9200 car kit and the problem with my n900 is that it knocks out radio audio at annoying times. If I'm on a call, once I hang up the radio returns then about 4-5 seconds later the carkit takes over again for about 3-4 seconds. This only happens with the n900 as if it has received some for of audio from the device. It's more of an annoyance than a serious issue.

The 2nd thing is if I receive a text message the phone gives the normal alert and about 5 seconds later the car kit will cut the radio with no audio coming though. It sometimes does not go back to radio at all and I have to manually interrupt the car kit to get the radio back.

I have installed the PBAP addition and it works perfectly but these interruptions are very annoying. Also something if I am driving in rural areas I might lose my data connection and im goes offline. This like a text message gives a little noise that often causes the radio to cut out and not come back.

Initially I though this was a car kit issue but I have tested it with an Iphone, Samsung Galaxy s, regular nokia phones, one symbian and a sony ericsson w950. None of them exhibit the same issue at all so I have put it down to the n900 either sending some audio tone or signal to the carkit over bluetooth at the wrong time or similar issue.

Is there anyway to edit the audio profiles further than currently possible or can anyone help me with this?

Cheers

Last edited by feighery; 2011-02-28 at 17:35.