Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
What other rules you have? Especially in the rule that sets the availability, and in the default rule.

How often does this approximately happen? If it happens quite often.
This happens always.

I will try to explain my situation in more detail.

I have two rules.

First one is "Night". It sets the phone to silent, puts on power saving mode and sets availability to offline all days at 23:00 - 08:00.

Second one is "Jabber". It sets availability to online when at my home wlan (with timeout of 60 seconds).

Both rules have the option "restore to previous..." on all options used that has this is possible (profile/availability etc.).

I have not modified the "default rule" on the bottom at all.

The bug(?) will appear always with the following situation. I have availability set to offline at work. When I come home "Jabber" rule is matched and I will be online with gtalk. At 23:00 the phone will go to "Night" and I gtalk is set to offline. At morning 08:00 "Night" is done and phone will go to "Jabber" for about half an hour before I leave home. But when I leave home the gtalk availability is not ever set to offline (even as it should, since rule "Jabber" has account availabilty "Restore to previous availability" on).

The Following User Says Thank You to Petteri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi ajalkane
Thank you very much for your program, very useful for me.
I Have a question.. Where its located all profile files, i want to backup them and when i reflash my phone, a simply restore them...
Thanks

P.S. For installing 1.6 beta2, i need to uninstall beta 1?

Last edited by Schturman; 2012-04-12 at 07:08.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
First one is "Night". It sets the phone to silent, puts on power saving mode and sets availability to offline all days at 23:00 - 08:00.

Second one is "Jabber". It sets availability to online when at my home wlan (with timeout of 60 seconds).

Both rules have the option "restore to previous..." on all options used that has this is possible (profile/availability etc.).

I have not modified the "default rule" on the bottom at all.

The bug(?) will appear always with the following situation. I have availability set to offline at work. When I come home "Jabber" rule is matched and I will be online with gtalk. At 23:00 the phone will go to "Night" and I gtalk is set to offline. At morning 08:00 "Night" is done and phone will go to "Jabber" for about half an hour before I leave home. But when I leave home the gtalk availability is not ever set to offline (even as it should, since rule "Jabber" has account availabilty "Restore to previous availability" on).
Thanks,

I think I know why this happens:

- 23:00 - 08:00 Availability is offline, previous online, restore used
- at 08:00 power saving mode is turned off, but WLAN is not connected yet. However, previous availability (online) is restored as told to by the Night rule
- some seconds after that WLAN is connected and "Jabber" rule is activated. It has restore availability, but unlike when coming from work the current availability is now online.
- You go out, WLAN disconnects, previous availability is restored which is unfortunately online. So no changes seen.

I'm not sure if my explanation was too clear, but your problem most likely goes away if you take "restore previous availability" away from the "Night" rule. Just set the availability to offline there, without "restore previous".

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi ajalkane
Thank you very much for your program, very useful for me.
I Have a question.. Where its located all profile files, i want to backup them and when i reflash my phone, a simply restore them...
Thanks
They are located in:
/home/user/.config/ProfileMatic

The Backup framework should take a backup of ProfileMatic's configuration, but of course it doesn't hurt to do it yourself.

Note that Availability settings you may need to setup again before they work. It all depends how the accounts have been set-up after reflashing.

P.S. For installing 1.6 beta2, i need to uninstall beta 1?
No, you can reinstall it on top of beta1. Only versions from Nokia Store must be uninstalled first.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Just downloaded the App today from Ovi, looks awesome but doesn't seem to work properly for me, I need it for mainly 2 functions, to automatically put the phone on Silent at 22:00 and back to General at 05:00 the following day. And also to turn on/off availability at same time. The problem is it doesn't reverse the settings the following day. For both rules. Any solution?

Last edited by Muzimak; 2012-04-12 at 18:12.

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Just downloaded the App today from Ovi, looks awesome but doesn't seem to work properly for me, I need it for mainly 2 functions, to automatically put the phone on Silent at 22:00 and back to General at 05:00 the following day. And also to turn on/off availability at same time. The problem is it doesn't reverse the settings the following day. For both rules. Any solution?
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Can you post example of your rules and concrete example what you want to happen?

Is it something like this:

every day:
22:00 - 05:00 Set profile silent
05:00 - 22:00 Set profile general

That should work just fine. Just make sure every day is selected.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Thanks,

I think I know why this happens:

- 23:00 - 08:00 Availability is offline, previous online, restore used
- at 08:00 power saving mode is turned off, but WLAN is not connected yet. However, previous availability (online) is restored as told to by the Night rule
- some seconds after that WLAN is connected and "Jabber" rule is activated. It has restore availability, but unlike when coming from work the current availability is now online.
- You go out, WLAN disconnects, previous availability is restored which is unfortunately online. So no changes seen.

I'm not sure if my explanation was too clear, but your problem most likely goes away if you take "restore previous availability" away from the "Night" rule. Just set the availability to offline there, without "restore previous".
I think I understand. I will try tonight

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Can you post example of your rules and concrete example what you want to happen?

Is it something like this:

every day:
22:00 - 05:00 Set profile silent
05:00 - 22:00 Set profile general

That should work just fine. Just make sure every day is selected.
22:00 - 05:00 (Silent)
22:00 - 05:00 (Unavailable on Facebook and Skype)

The following day when I check, both rules are not reversed to normal.

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
22:00 - 05:00 (Silent)
22:00 - 05:00 (Unavailable on Facebook and Skype)

The following day when I check, both rules are not reversed to normal.
Make sure you have "Restore previous profile" and "Restore availability" options set. That should restore whatever settings were on those actions before the rule activated.

Another thing to note is that on version 1.5.0 you need to have both the Ringing action and Availability action inside the same rule for it to work.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Make sure you have "Restore previous profile" and "Restore availability" options set. That should restore whatever settings were on those actions before the rule activated.

Another thing to note is that on version 1.5.0 you need to have both the Ringing action and Availability action inside the same rule for it to work.
Say the times are different on both rules, how do I set everything ing one rule?