Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

since we are all using the same device(N900) with same config's... isn't it possible to make a single flashable Combo-Image or ROM that consists of "Latest Kernels and all the OS supported by N900 Nitdroid, BackupMenu, Nemo, Meego, Fedora & LXDE(inside maemo of course) H-E-N, 720p rec & playback... etc"

in that way all we'l need is a reflash & the Supertablet is On the Go..

no dependencies issue no searchin for correct kernet settings that goes with Nitdroid & Backup menu & 720p rec & playback...

regards
immi.shk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
since we are all using the same device(N900) with same config's
Not exactly. There are several different hardware revisions (hence some can be overclocked up to 1150 MHz and some only up to 800).

That said, this may still be possible.

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
I think the biggest problem here is that most (if not all) of those OS's are not finished. Someone would have to create a whole new image every time an update was released for one of them.

You'd also have to have an eMMC image as well as rootfs so that would restrict peoples freedom on partition sizes and install locations and means smaller MyDocs for everyone.

I also dont know if all these operating systems can be installed on eMMC so you might need a image for SD cards instead.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

People using nitdroid and faces reboots nd crashes please dont use it, as i was using 2.3.4 and playing GOF 2 i paused it hardly for 1 min and sudden crash now i lost eMMC totally. I have dropped my cell 2-3 months before it happened. And now i cant blame anyone exept me for it, coz i was doing this even after warned by developers

The Following User Says Thank You to Gky007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Stockholm, SW
Originally Posted by Gky007 View Post
People using nitdroid and faces reboots nd crashes please dont use it, as i was using 2.3.4 and playing GOF 2 i paused it hardly for 1 min and sudden crash now i lost eMMC totally. I have dropped my cell 2-3 months before it happened. And now i cant blame anyone exept me for it, coz i was doing this even after warned by developers
You're right.. i see the same issue. I had a corrupt eMMC as well, and i had to use gParted in Linux Live CD to get it all fixed (a stale NFS handle). I will however wait for ammmyt to push this system over to u-boot.

p.s. After a crash of the said type, a simple fsck reveals errors on /opt/(etc). I wonder..

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Stale NFS handle indicates file system inconsistency or corruption, you should fix it with fsck. Use options -af or even -r to repair this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Well, for me so far so good after installing the power.config

Keep u guys posted

i hav only 900mb free in installable application memory. 4gb free in mass memory and 56mb in rootfs. should i install nitdroid? will any of these hamper my nitdroid? or should i install nitdroid after flashing my emmc with 8gb and 20gb emmc. what benefit should i get then?
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Stockholm, SW
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i hav only 900mb free in installable application memory. 4gb free in mass memory and 56mb in rootfs. should i install nitdroid? will any of these hamper my nitdroid? or should i install nitdroid after flashing my emmc with 8gb and 20gb emmc. what benefit should i get then?
..i'll suggest that you take a full (opt/root) backup using backupmenu. Then reflash with a 5gb or 8gb Vanilla ROM. Then you can partition your eMMC (or NOT!). And you should restore the (opt/root) backup. All will be well be better.

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900

I think u hav'nt read this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...07#post1153107

Last edited by Gky007; 2012-01-20 at 05:28.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid