Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
Hi Guys,

I bought the n900 many month ago... I was super happy when it finally arrived (after 3 months delay).

I used it as my main phone and after 5 month I... dump it

I love the multitasking thing and the keyboard and the skype integration. But that's it. There is nothing more.

Initially I thought that Nokia will give full support to the device, maemo6, portrait a decent phone app etc...
This never happened. The PR1.1 etc is nothing to write home about it.
And then suddenly MEEGO was here... and maemo?
And what about the rootfs stupidity? 32 gb and no space in root for a linux device... totally nonsense

I am done with this NOKIA madness... We can say that I bought 2 nokia phone in one. The first and the last.

BTW I grabbed a Nexus ONE... it is really hot... and I can even sync my calendar and mail with gmail? Something so easy to be impossible on the N900... and Android is way more mature and stable that this heavy bulky device.

I'll be back to see what new mess Nokia will create with meego... to laugh...

Last edited by Endri; 2010-03-16 at 11:28.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Endri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
It's a so much irrelevant OS that we don't even have a relible weather application...

The Following User Says Thank You to Endri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
You will be missed.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
It's a so much irrelevant OS that we don't even have a relible weather application...
but not quite as irrelevant as this post!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to baron von bubba For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
N900=epic failure. I personally have learned a lesson.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
Wierd, my N900 seems to have two that both work pretty well for me.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Sshhhhhhhh troll feeding in progress

(Anyway, user error = bought something not suitable for user.... God bless *freedom of choice*)
(N.B. - *this may not be available in all countries....*)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I still have faith in this community....Indeed we don`t have much (No ovi store, no ovi maps with nav, bla bla) but we have more than other phones out there as well (Flash even though only 9.4, game emulators that you can actually use the keyboard to play nicely, fm transmitter, IR, and much more)....My only hope for keeping this phone is that it will blossom one day....and this hope lays on this community...so what if we don`t get Meego, some linux genius will intergate it, what if we don`t have this what if we don`t have that....I always come here to the forums to find apps that are special!....that is why I`m keeping this phone....the surprise factor that I don`t get from other crappy phones!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Looks like some N900 users aer having some major ID-10-T problems.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Death Scythe For This Useful Post:
I'm happier than I thought I would be after reading all the doom and gloom on the forums. Once updated, Maemo is rock-solid, sure ovi maps and the stock video player are crap, but that's what Maemo Mapper and Mplayer are for, and Meego is little more than a rebranding exercise from what I've read.

Edit: Oh BTW, I have over 60MB free in rootfs, and I have a HUGE number of apps installed, including some from extras and devel.

Last edited by GameboyRMH; 2010-03-15 at 13:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-bye losers, disappointment, hello freedom, n900 != phone, relax