Active Topics

Notices

Hi Nicolai,

I've using V0.4 from the testing repo for the past 24 hours and have encountered just one instance of the other widgets/shortcuts disappearing.

I only have the DCW (desktop clock widget) on one home screen, along with the yellow notes applet and the calendar widget and only the yellow notes applet and the DCW disappeared when I changed themes on the clock widget.

Aside from that, everything's been stable (battery consumption doesn't seem like a concern at this point) and the app itself is pretty good.

Cheers.

EDIT

I think the removal of the yellow notes applet may be specific to the DCW theme. It happened a second time when changing to the "neon" theme.

Last edited by Death Scythe; 2010-08-07 at 03:24. Reason: Update

The Following User Says Thank You to Death Scythe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rebelnoob View Post
@CasTTeLLo where did you download this calender widget the one on the left side and the top one , i think its arabic calender i would like to download it??
it's multiwidget.....u can find it in extras...

CasTTeLLo

Last edited by CasTTeLLo; 2010-08-08 at 04:16.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Death Scythe View Post
Hi Nicolai,

I've using V0.4 from the testing repo for the past 24 hours and have encountered just one instance of the other widgets/shortcuts disappearing.

I only have the DCW (desktop clock widget) on one home screen, along with the yellow notes applet and the calendar widget and only the yellow notes applet and the DCW disappeared when I changed themes on the clock widget.

Aside from that, everything's been stable (battery consumption doesn't seem like a concern at this point) and the app itself is pretty good.

Cheers.

EDIT

I think the removal of the yellow notes applet may be specific to the DCW theme. It happened a second time when changing to the "neon" theme.
I tried this and can not reproduce this behavior. I used this
"neon" them -> http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=64(neon-blue and real-neon).
And add and removed the yellow notes widget. But no error so far.
Is it this theme you tried?

regards
nicolai

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Hi nicolai, will you be updating the desktop clock widget with some more themes. I'm not too good with xterm and wouldnt know where to look for compatible clock displays

Hi nathaneous.
You don't need xterm for installing new themes.
All themes from the "cairo clock" can be used for this widget.
Just extract the svg-files to some folder and put this folder
in your n900 Documents folder. Then follow this steps to select the theme.

regards
Nicolai

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
I tried this and can not reproduce this behavior. I used this
"neon" them -> http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=64(neon-blue and real-neon).
And add and removed the yellow notes widget. But no error so far.
Is it this theme you tried?

regards
nicolai
Yes, this was the theme that caused the yellow notes applet to disappear, along with the DCW, when I'd select the neon theme.

If you're unable to reproduce it, then it may be specific to my N900, although I've kept mine pretty basic, no mods or anything. I'll see if the theme folder's location has any effect, though I doubt this, it's worth a try anyway.

Nonetheless, I see it as a non-issue, since I just have to add the yellow notes applet and the DCW back when it happens, which is quite easy to do. The previous settings remain for both widgets, along with their place on the home screen before being removed. The neon theme is what I currently use as well.

EDIT

I think I may have figured out the disappearing widget source; my DCW theme folder was in the N900's "Images" folder when it was happening. Moving the DCW themes folder into the N900's "Documents" folder sees to have fixed it.

I've gone through probably 2 dozen theme changes in the past hour and have had no problems whatsoever.

Also, it seems DCW has no effect on battery life. I'm sure it eats battery life, but thus far, I've have not noticed any change.

Last edited by Death Scythe; 2010-08-09 at 01:41. Reason: Update

The Following User Says Thank You to Death Scythe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
this is an enhancement to the n900 for sure. thanks for all the work..

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
Thanks a lot for this awesome widget.

I'm using black plastic theme 2.200(unfortunately didn't like D-livil direction changes) and I found following clock themes very neat.

KDE Carbon:

Important notice:after you choose this theme widget dissappeares and you have to add desktop clock widget again. No idea why but it will appear then using carbon theme.

Clock Transparant:

And finally the one I liked most and currently use - Neon Darkside:

EDIT:A bit wierd that after reboot all my QBW dissappeared and I had to manually add them again...

Last edited by qwenjis; 2010-08-14 at 17:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwenjis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CasTTeLLo View Post
green
I found the 2 flip calendars but what is the big one or is it a setting i missed?