Active Topics

Notices

Hi all,

i would liek to browse my multimedia at a folder level. i would liek to create a folder, lets say MOVIES and then put the movies that that folder, make another folder MUSIC VIDEO CLIPS and dump the music video clips in there and TV SHOWS and put the tv shows in the respective folder.
so when i open the multimedia player and click video i will see a list of folders rather all the videos open and have to scratch through to find what i want.

You cannot do what you want in media player. Just use the file manager instead. Open the file manager, navigate to the folder you want, click on the video you want and it will open in the media player.

Hope this answers you question.

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
damn i was hoping it could be done.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
The mediaplayer is designed on the basis that people are dumb and do not know where their media are stored and hence waste time and resources scouring the whole system looking for ALL your videos/photos/music and present them ALL to you in a single, unwieldy list.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:

can this be achived by using mediabox??

I think Symfonie (see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46694) might be able to do what you're asking for regarding browsing at the folder level.

The Following User Says Thank You to Death Scythe For This Useful Post:
oooo, well ill give symfonie a try.
by the description it does now ill have to put it to the test.

Originally Posted by hotkolbas View Post
can this be achived by using mediabox??
Yes, I am using mediabox to playback flac audio.

Media player and instintictiv can play flac files for me only in random shuffle modes, the album doesn't show up in either players, with mediabox I can browse folders on my phone or card.

Is there a way to put folders on the desktop? That's a good alternative approach.