Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
Dunno about the N9 but the N950 got superb voice quality so I wouldn't worry about that. The N9 beeing made in plastic is said to have very good reception too.

3 from Denmark did test that.
When I run on into a small forest on the route, keeping Nokia N9 still holds full 3G coverage. All other phones I’ve tested, jump here on the 2G network, but even in the midst of the forest, Nokia N9 has no problem keeping 3G. I get around 6 Mbit / s speed of Nokia N9 in this area, it’s crazy!
http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/08/25/n...uperb-antenna/

Ahtisaari has also mentioned on every of the N9 launches around the globe for past 3-4 weeks that that the N9 shell have made it possible for great reception.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Not what I meant.

We know that the N950 guys are busy with development; however it's relatively quiet on what to expect. I know you guys are shackled by the no negative experience comment(s) as part of the deal; however not a lot of everyday usage commentary or how your projects are coming along.

And being a spectator over at meego.com just bores the **** out of me.
I agree with you entirely. It's disappointing that most of the recipients of the N950s have opted not to communicate with the potential user base of the N9, most of whom will still be on TMO. I personally have gained valuable feedback simply from posting screenshots and demo videos.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
To much nonsense is in the thread now. Missed post 7000 compleatly...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Aye and youtube is full of devs showing their projects on N950. Something i rather see them doing than telling about phone that non of us will ever get to buy.
I already rely on MeegoExperts to keep me posted. I fear you people don't understand how fractured and hard to find - unless you really dive deep and/or know who is working on something (read: memorize the damn Wiki or follow a ton of Twitter accounts) - each time I search Youtube for N950, it's a terminal screen or something that seems to be exciting to everybody but me, people commenting and I'm sitting there thinking "ok... now what?"

Case in point... big buttons, changes color, plays music, doesn't seem finished (of course).

Sounds like WP7.

Not what I'd call impressive. Where are the 3D games? Where's the alternate browsers? Where's the bookmark solutions? Where's the innovation? Where's the drawing tools? Where's... well, you get the point.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
To much nonsense is in the thread now. Missed post 7000 compleatly...
You're just mad I took #7000 away from you. It's ok... you can have #8000.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I agree with you entirely. It's disappointing that most of the recipients of the N950s have opted not to communicate with the potential user base of the N9, most of whom will still be on TMO. I personally have gained valuable feedback simply from posting screenshots and demo videos.
I got that feeling long way back when i argued with stskeeps as it was clear to see it is a "them or us" situation that has grown even further apart as times goes by.

It absolutely is wrong to give Maemo source code to a team attempting anything else but Maemo development as we have TMO and the very reason it never took off (meego that is).

All very sad indeed.

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Not what I meant.

We know that the N950 guys are busy with development; however it's relatively quiet on what to expect. I know you guys are shackled by the no negative experience comment(s) as part of the deal; however not a lot of everyday usage commentary or how your projects are coming along.

And being a spectator over at meego.com just bores the **** out of me.
TBH, I think that quite a few Meego devs, both paid and unpaid, are not very happy with Nokia after elopocalypse and with the N9 not even beeing released yet makes it even worse. Hopefully things can only get better from here but the future of Meego at Nokia is still very clouded. And with apps.formeego.org still not working we have no centralized place to put the free apps anyway. To me it looks like the N9 will be available in shops before the community repo is up so nokia store might be the only way to install apps which sucks terribly. I don't want to be a party crusher, just saying so people know what to expect if you buy a N9 in the coming weeks.

Edit: Just to clarify, you can of course install packages manually with dpkg or by clicking on them in the browser.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Last edited by xerxes2; 2011-09-24 at 16:12.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
You're just mad I took #7000 away from you. It's ok... you can have #8000.
I predict the content of post #8000:

'Still no N9.'

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
I already rely on MeegoExperts to keep me posted. I fear you people don't understand how fractured and hard to find - unless you really dive deep and/or know who is working on something (read: memorize the damn Wiki or follow a ton of Twitter accounts) - each time I search Youtube for N950, it's a terminal screen or something that seems to be exciting to everybody but me, people commenting and I'm sitting there thinking "ok... now what?"
You are absolutely right about it being hard to find info and it wont get any easier as much of the apps will be found from repositories. MeegoExperts can be a bit slow at posting new apps sometimes.

And trust me i don't get excited about terminal screens either, but i have actually been impressed by the UI's of the apps compared to N900 where they always looked hobby like.
Some apps like 4squick, Peregrine, MeeCast that have no company behind them already look better than any of the N900 apps, professional or not.
Same goes for the simple apps that are there just to enable something like swipemanager look ok to the eyes because of the Qt components.

N9 apps had a hot point 3-4 weeks ago, but it has been quite silent recently.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-09-24 at 16:12.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
One guy has the N9, we don't know how. 200+ people have the N950, barely hear a word.

Worst handling of a release... ever.

I have found out that I might be getting mine through Mexico at a much lower price than I anticipated.
It has NOT been released as we speak now and i know that for sure.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????