Hi there I currently have a 54mbps D Link Wireless router, My Nokia 770 can easily connect to my wireless internet and its resonably fast. But yesterday it broke and now I dont have wireless internet. I'm thinking about purchasing a new router The speed catergory if 1 faster than G+ I think the speed catergory of the router is N1(Speed 300mbps)?Just wanted to know if my Nokia will be compatible with the N1 speed catergory? Thanks

HydroJohn

This is true of any wireless N routers I've seen but look for this note in the description / feature list.

"Is fully backwards compatible with 802.11b/g devices."

Using a N router with your N800 yields no benefits. You can spend the money if you want, but you won't get any faster throughput. I recommend picking up a Linksys WRT54GL or a Buffalo WHR-G125 and running DD-WRT on it.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Or Asus WL-500gx or gP. It has two USB2.0 ports for connecting various stuff (hdd, camera, printer) and runs linux too.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

I got a netgear wnr854t, an N router. Many problems with it, doesn't work too well with windows vista. Or should I say vista doesn't work with the router well. Anyway, save your money. Not much difference in WiFi speed. The gigabit port on it works great though.

Nokia works with it with no problem with no speed gain from a G router. But if you got vista I stay away from the wnr854t.
"less is like more but better"

Last edited by NokNok770; 2007-08-27 at 19:06.

Originally Posted by NokNok770 View Post
I got a netgear wnr854t, an N router. Many problems with it, doesn't work too well with windows vista. Or should I say vista doesn't work with the router well. Anyway, save your money. Not much difference in WiFi speed. The gigabit port on it works great though.

Nokia works with it with no problem with no speed gain from a G router. But if you got vista I stay away from the wnr854t.
Until the N standards get rarified and certified, I'd stay away from them. Especially with Vista. Since the radio in the Nokia is only a G radio, N isn't going to do much for you. Besides how many people have an internet connection faster than 802.11B?

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.