Notices

I'm looking forward to using this application, but I think I will heed the warnings of the Extras-devel wiki page.
I've installed the fcam drivers. I will just have to exercise the patience of waiting for the new version to make it's way into the regular repository.
I will be following this thread for updates.
Love the idea of making thin shots with bokeh effect for portraits.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
If you could include functionality to disbale the red LED light then I'd jump on board; I know lfocus does this, but I find it quite buggy.

On a side note, is it possible to disable this through a conf. file?

Love the improvements, and the UI is really good.
Good work.

The Following User Says Thank You to magullo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
This sounds fantastic!

I have a question regarding the zoom: does it achieve better results than taking a normal photo and then cropping/resampling using a quality algorithm? In other words, does it use sensor tricks to get better results than can be achieved in post processing?

If the geotagging will add latitude and longitude if a GPS fix exists without demanding a network connection, it's a huge improvement over the default camera app.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
How does the 'shallow' mode work ? Where to take the focus from ? Or is always middle of the screen ? I did some experimenting with holding the focus key and moving slightly away from the focused object but I got not so good results.
Do we have to keep all centered for now ? No spot focus selection possible ? Or next version
In 'Shallow Focus' mode the camera auto-focuses as usual. So you should just focus on the subject, as usual. The background should be far enough behind the subject (about 3 or more times further than the subject).

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
TI have a question regarding the zoom: does it achieve better results than taking a normal photo and then cropping/resampling using a quality algorithm? In other words, does it use sensor tricks to get better results than can be achieved in post processing?
Yes, it achieves much better results than upsizing a crop with any algorithm.
It takes a quick sequence of shots, combines the frames and performs so-called super-resolution processing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
How does this program compare to fcam?

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by Taleydra View Post
How does this program compare to fcam?
fcam is the API, i believe you mean fcamera, one of the example programs for the fcam API

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
I have to say I havent touched this app in some time, but the new gui and the quality of photos really impressed me when I tested this new version. Great stuff.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Upgraded yesterday. Impressed at first sight. Interface easier to understand. However, quite instable from last version.

It happened once that most of the screen became black out in Shallow mode but returned to normal by switching to other mode. Also several times the screen freezed when half-pressing the shuttor; also resumed normal by switching mode.

Hope there would be another upgrade to fix those bugs before going for vacation end of next week.

Planning to leave digital camera home and to count on the N900 to capture memorable moments.

TC

The Following User Says Thank You to Timothy CHAN For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, nokia n900