Active Topics

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
You need to enable swap using the pb menu. You can check the swap in the terminal by typing 'free' with no ' marks of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to mfortner For This Useful Post:
I've just tried to do a backup and I got

You have selected to backup all data on /dev/mtdblock4 to Error:
--Radiolist, have 4. Use --help to
List options

Is this correct

I was trying to back up the internal flash to an external 2 GB card, I tried it as a fat partitioned card and as an ext3 partition.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Rassilon7 View Post
I've just tried to do a backup and I got

You have selected to backup all data on /dev/mtdblock4 to Error:
--Radiolist, have 4. Use --help to
List options

Is this correct

I was trying to back up the internal flash to an external 2 GB card, I tried it as a fat partitioned card and as an ext3 partition.

Any ideas?

Thanks
This is the first version and Backups can only be taken to ext2 or ext3 partitions. You cannot backup to FAT. The main problem I kept having is it would truncate my names on some FAT partitions to 8.3 naming convention. My logic in Full and Inc backups require longer names to make them more useful to me. The next version will have a simple full backup to FAT partitions, with no extended functionality.

The main reason I released proior to adding this is because the new SSU had come out and I did not want to update all my old packages.

If you create a ext2 partition on the card you can then backup to it.

You can also access ext2 and ext3 partitions from Windows using
http://www.fs-driver.org/

Note ext3 is readonly

--------------------------
Edit I just re-read your post.

So can you walk me through the exact steps to failure?

You were backing up FLASH to ext3 and it fails?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2009-01-29 at 15:50.

I partitioned the card using partition on PBeasy (created 3 partitions), it rebooted, I ran PB and went to Backup, I selected the flash memory (256mb) I got the above error message.

Originally Posted by Rassilon7 View Post
I partitioned the card using partition on PBeasy (created 3 partitions), it rebooted, I ran PB and went to Backup, I selected the flash memory (256mb) I got the above error message.
OK, did you clone after pbeasy?

pbeasy is designed to clone. If you don't clone, the ext3 partition will not be formatted. It get formatted during the cloning process. Since it was not formatted pb could not see it so it could not backup to it. If you intend to just use it as backup space then just run pb and run MKFS menu to format it.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Melfa, VA, USA
Got a problem with running PBeasy.

So I select the partition and then enter the size, and get to enter fat partition 64-0 and when I enter any number I get a message "Only intergers between 64 and 0 may be entered." No mater what I do or how I enter it.

I tried to get it to work via SSH, but I can never get initial blue selection screen.

Any ideas?

Worked a treat, thank you very much.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by nrune View Post

So I select the partition and then enter the size, and get to enter fat partition 64-0 and when I enter any number I get a message "Only intergers between 64 and 0 may be entered." No mater what I do or how I enter it.

I tried to get it to work via SSH, but I can never get initial blue selection screen.

Any ideas?

N800 or N810?
I had a hard time getting past that point using the virtual kbd on my N800. It worked much better with the BT Kbd.

Originally Posted by nrune View Post

Any ideas?
If you run it over ssh be sure to run it as user "user"

After ssh login as root run "su - user"

Then run pbeasy

Are you running on n800?

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
you must run "sudo /etc/init.d/local.sh start" or become root and then run it.

also please run this

cat /etc/fstab
Sorry for getting back to you late. I've been distrated for a bit. I did it as root and the error message was the same.

here is the result for cat /etc/fstab
rootfs / rootfs defaults,errors=remount-ro,noatime 0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p1 /media/mmc1 vfat rw,noauto,nodev,noexec,nosuid,utf8,uid=29999 0 0

Tags
bootmenu, bootmenu-installer, install-tools, mgmt-tools