Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
galaxy note vs galaxy nexus, side by side

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4219
It says there that the Nexus DOES have a microSD slot. Does it.. or doesn't it? I've seen both bandied about.

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
http://android-developers.blogspot.c.../Android%204.0
Look at the release notes yourself hardware accelerated 2d UI.
It says that it supports accelerated 2D as a feature of the OS, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the UI is using acceleration. I'd be curious to know for certain whether the UI specifically does or doesn't but so far I'm not seeing anything solid either way to explain it. On the other hand, if I can't tell--maybe it's a moot point.

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
...so it should be a pleasure to hold in the hand.
That's what she said.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Get the new Roboto font it looks sweet.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1309619

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
It says there that the Nexus DOES have a microSD slot. Does it.. or doesn't it? I've seen both bandied about.
It doesn't.
Is cloud storage making microSD obsolete or something??

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Can I use the unlocked GSM variant in Europe? Planning to go to US late november and while I'm there buy a few phones and computers.It's so cheap
I think so.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Nexus Prime rumour round-up.

The most popular and reasonable rumours:
  1. Google's next "Nexus" phone; stock Android "With Google" badging on Ice Cream Sandwich 2.4 (or 2.9 according to others)
  2. Built by Samsung.
  3. It's most likely running 1.2GHz Exynos Chip.
    Thus it is the stock ARM Cortex A9 Mali400 chip, slightly overclocked, and with small tweeks to produce it cheaper.
    (Some reporting it will be bumped to 1.5GHz, which is unlikely considering the Nexus S didn't overclock the Galaxy S.)
  4. Rumoured to have excellent battery life, unsure if this is because of software tweeks, but consensus is reporting a larger capacity battery one reporting a more modest 1,760mAh battery.
  5. On storage side, a 1GB RAM, 16GB internal NAND and microSD expansion slots are confirmed. And not to forget the NFC, Wifi n, Bt 3.0, GPS, Gyro, and ambient light sensor.
  6. Most likely supporting an 8MP Rear Camera with 1080p@30fps recording. Also has an LED flash, courtesy of Samsung Optics, of course.
  7. Left side Volume Rocker, Right side Power Button and Three Circles (apparently indicators for NFC for Google Wallet), Top side Headset Jack, Bottom side microphone hole and microUSB (with MHL support ?).
  8. Front consists of Ear Piece, 2MP camera (video calls), OEM logo and pure gorilla glass and curved to portrait.
  9. Most likely a Super Amoled (Not Plus).
  10. Screen resolution is 1280 x 720.
  11. Front-glass size is 4.59"
  12. Phone's screen size is 4.33", with 320ppi and 1184 x 720 resolution.
  13. There is 96 pixels dedicated to the Navigation Buttons on the bottom, and they consume 0.35" (or 8.8mm) of the panel.

Popular rumours:
  1. Some sources still say Ice Cream Sandwich will be 4.0, as to signify beyond Honeycomb.
    (Its more likely this number is reserved for Jelly Bean for Q2'12 when Google supposedly announces "something revolutionary" to the world).
  2. The OEM can be Motorola considering Google's purchase
    (Highly unlikely as the acquisition isn't fully complete and it takes more time to collaborate for a product)
  3. A slightly improved 1.5GHz TI OMAP4460 chip is also possible
    (TI reports there is a shortage of these chip, so perhaps they are reserving it for Google. Or maybe its just that; a shortage. This rumour was sparked when devs discovered Exynos doesn't support LTE/Wimax/4G but Samsung has announced a 1.5GHz Enxynos with LTE for Korea so its a 50/50).
  4. "Several" sources report an 2,000mAh battery.
  5. No other rumour besides listed above.
  6. No other rumour besides listed above, maybe optics sourced from another maker possible.
  7. A not-so probable rumour is that it will have microHDMI-out beside the microUSB located on the bottom left, which could add WebTop(or like) connectivity like Motorola's current crop.
  8. No other rumour besides listed above,
  9. Screen could be made from SLCD, or reserved for some variants due to OLED shortages like the Nexus One.
  10. 1280 x 800 rumour has been declined too many times.
  11. There is a dying rumour the front panel (whole plate) is 4.3"
  12. There is a dying rumour the phone's screen size is 4.0", which makes it an unbelievable (and unlikely) 345ppi
  13. No other rumour besides listed above.

Looks like the rumours from Late August - Early September were correct. Minor changes from rumours include:
-downgrading from 8.0MP to 5.0MP camera
-removing the microSD slot
-having a 1750mAh battery instead of 1760mAh (I think it was accurate but the person misread it)
-"downgrade" from 1.4GHz Exynos to 1.2GHz TI4430 (for LTE support)
...and finally I-C-S is given 4.0.0 (which was controversial) numbering.

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Sweet, and probably the first Tablet to be released with ICS.
The current Transformer will get ICS before the end of the year

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/19/a...er-2-at-asiad/

The Following User Says Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Anyone can point me to the solution for the hotmail exchange active sync problem with samsung galaxy s 2 running android 2.3.5? (found a lot of non-working solutions via general searching)

thanks

Samsung dethrones Apple, crowned new king of smartphone market
http://androidandme.com/2011/10/news...tphone-market/

From the article:
According to the Wall Street Journal and a person familiar with the situation, it looks like Samsung has finally been crowned as king of the smartphone world; the company sold more than 20 million smartphones in Q3. When Samsung announces their third-quarter earnings next week, analysts are expecting Samsung’s smartphone shipments to range between 20-30 million units – an over 500% jump from the 3 million smartphones sold by Samsung in Q2 of 2010.

Apple’s latest numbers revealed that they sold 17.1 million iPhones in Q3, while Nokia shipped 16.8 million smartphones. We hope Samsung’s Q3 report will break down their smartphone sales numbers and reveal how many of the estimated 20 million units were actually Android-powered devices.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by db_tobago View Post
Anyone can point me to the solution for the hotmail exchange active sync problem with samsung galaxy s 2 running android 2.3.5? (found a lot of non-working solutions via general searching)

thanks
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution....3-e3a6ba15e2f8

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
tried that aready but same issue inbox remains empty. able to load junk and pop folders.....:/ .... annoying (paid for a feature that does not work) but I can work around this.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy