Posts: 58 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Northern Ireland
Thanks. I think I can get my upgrade a bit earlier if I get in through vodafone, but wasn't sure if it was worth it. I'll call them on my tea-break and see.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
There are branded Vodafone UK n900s. They have Vodafone 360 preinstalled, a different firmware number from the UK unbranded ones, and there was some question about whether skype had been quietly disabled (You'd need to ask someone who has one about that to be sure). I would also assume they have the voda-logo somewhere on the casing.
Has anyone got any pictures/videos of these Vodafone-branded N900s? I'd be interested to see how off-putting the logo is, and see what the 360 software is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Has anyone got any pictures/videos of these Vodafone-branded N900s? I'd be interested to see how off-putting the logo is, and see what the 360 software is.
I second that request.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
I have a vodafone N900, They are NOT branded what so ever and skype works too over 3G and wifi. there is no branding on the phone what so ever the only difference is the product code ends 205 and not 203 (203 is uk 205 is uk Voda) this means that Voda know its theres basically. How ever when they first came out we could not update our phones due to the fact when u tried to update our product codes where not looked at by nokia but nokia and voda solved this problem within a few days. So now i just get everything as normal like you guys do. So just to confirm there is no Vodafone 360 (not sure who made that one up) there is no logo (not even when u turn the phone on) no voda software not even a shortcut in sight to your voicemail etc. Nokia would not allow it. Skype works fine and everything is 100% the same appart from the product code ( that you can change if you want using the flasher) but you again noting by changing it.

Jay (very happy vodafone supplied customer with phone direct from voda)

P.S voda will do the N900 for £30 a month with unlimited text, data, landline and voda to voda calls and 750 cross network mins ;-) if you push them hard enough + free insurance and vodafone passport hehehe

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to randall8686 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by randall8686 View Post
I have a vodafone N900, They are NOT branded what so ever and skype works too over 3G and wifi. there is no branding on the phone what so ever the only difference is the product code ends 205 and not 203 (203 is uk 205 is uk Voda) this means that Voda know its theres basically. How ever when they first came out we could not update our phones due to the fact when u tried to update our product codes where not looked at by nokia but nokia and voda solved this problem within a few days. So now i just get everything as normal like you guys do. So just to confirm there is no Vodafone 360 (not sure who made that one up) there is no logo (not even when u turn the phone on) no voda software not even a shortcut in sight to your voicemail etc. Nokia would not allow it. Skype works fine and everything is 100% the same appart from the product code ( that you can change if you want using the flasher) but you again noting by changing it.

Jay (very happy vodafone supplied customer with phone direct from voda)

P.S voda will do the N900 for £30 a month with unlimited text, data, landline and voda to voda calls and 750 cross network mins ;-) if you push them hard enough + free insurance and vodafone passport hehehe
good to hear. i hope they keep up with the quick fw updates. my n96 was several months behind due to is product code, until i changed it.

well im hoping that nokia have just stored that code now and we get the updates direct from nokia as voda dont need to touch the firmware on these as no branding can be done

Wrong,

Vodafone N900 Product Code is 0595421
Unbranded UK Variant is 0593611

Would need to diff the packages 203 vs 205 to see the differences

it still remains that there is no difference in the software or the hardware on these handsets, i have but them side by side and there is no difference. the firmware is the same it seems that only the updates where a few days later

My code ends in 421, only got the device yesterday and I cant add an internet connection other than wlan, and can only edit the name of the contract wap, so cant add contract internet..... could this be the reason?

Cheers

Im with voda and my code ends with 203.
No logos, Nothing that would point to that this device is vodaphone ( Even the network text ive changed . )

Then again, I did get the phone through CPW not vodafone directly.