Active Topics

Notices

Hahah thats good to hear I thought your vision of the pipboy had gone a bit bizarre

Look forward to the next update

Thanks.

WildmanUK

Tinukedaya ive attached the icons I edited for the battery and signal meter.

I basically used the ones I found in Hicolor/icons/scalable/hildon then edited the colours and placed them into the pip-boy folder under icons/scalable/hildon.

In your theme file it has scalable/hildon with size as 64 and it made it mess up. I edited the theme file so it said 26 for the size, which worked fine when I did just the signal thing but then messed up the signal thing when I did both.

Since you seem to know what your doing a lot more than me maybe you could use the icons ive made and slot them into your theme correctly?

I only started messing about with the theming stuff when I read this post the other day so maybe ive doing something slight wrong..

Thanks.

WildmanUK
Attached Files
File Type: zip Battery.zip (2.9 KB, 84 views)
File Type: zip Signal.zip (1.6 KB, 86 views)

hehe, I think you got a little mislead over here.

I own the n900 for only about one and a half month and I actually have no clue what I'm doing and I'm learning on the go. I only have a know-how on photoshop and I managed to get proper tools I can work with. The icons such as signal and battery are however not part of those tools, so in this area you already know more then I do.

Those icons are lower on my todo list, so I wasn't checking for that yet.

Nonetheless, I'll have a look at it.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by Tinukedaya View Post
hehe, I think you got a little mislead over here.

I own the n900 for only about one and a half month and I actually have no clue what I'm doing and I'm learning on the go. I only have a know-how on photoshop and I managed to get proper tools I can work with. The icons such as signal and battery are however not part of those tools, so in this area you already know more then I do.

Those icons are lower on my todo list, so I wasn't checking for that yet.

Nonetheless, I'll have a look at it.

If you want tomorrow night I can build you a source package to be uploaded to Extras. Infact I can upload it for you if you want then set you as a maintainer of it. I can add anything like the signal bars and any extra icons as well.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Hey Andrew.
That would be great would love to see it on extras. Soo much easier for people to try it out. But then, I would not like to put any unnecessary onload on you. I mean.. even if you set me as maintainer, I have no clue how to build 'em source package for the update I'll do So you would need to reuild / upload that as weel and I can't ask that from you.

Maybe if you do it now and then try to explain it to me. But I'm total linux newbie. I saw it first on the N900 not 2 months ago.

Cheers Karel.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by Tinukedaya View Post
Hey Andrew.
That would be great would love to see it on extras. Soo much easier for people to try it out. But then, I would not like to put any unnecessary onload on you. I mean.. even if you set me as maintainer, I have no clue how to build 'em source package for the update I'll do So you would need to reuild / upload that as weel and I can't ask that from you.

Maybe if you do it now and then try to explain it to me. But I'm total linux newbie. I saw it first on the N900 not 2 months ago.

Cheers Karel.
Its no big deal once I write the script to build the package it takes about 5 minutes to build and upload the package.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Oh well, if it like this, I'd gladly accept the offer. Thanks!

Tinukedaya what tools are you using other than photoshop? Do you use the theme builder or are you doing to all my hand based on other theme folders?

WildmanUK

I'm using the ThemeMaker 1.2.9.
as soon as I'm done with everything that can be done here, I guess I'm gonna jump into another theme and use that as template.

The problem with ThemeMaker is, that I'm only guessing which graphic belong to what. hehe. Right now I have problem with the MediaPlayer. When choosing between Music, Video etc. the 4 big icons have overlay, I have no clue from where it's taken. According to the template it should be the same as the clock, but obviously it's not.

btw: post #1 updated with version without the overlay and also the swipe to unlock is modified.

Tinukedaya great work on the contact shortcuts they looks great and exactly what I was after

I've got your version installed with icons I made and managed to fix that 3g icon problem. I was saving the zip to my phone then unziping to documents then copying to the usr/share folder but the opt folder in documents already had some 3g icons in there that didnt work so they were getting copied over.

Deleted the opt folder in documents and did it again and it worked fine.

Screenshot incoming in a sec.

EDIT: Attached screenshot with the new contact shortcuts plus the icons.

WildmanUK
Attached Images

Last edited by WildmanUK; 2011-02-11 at 13:11.