Active Topics

I bought the N900 used but in new condition with Zagg screen protector already on but with couple of scratches and little bubbles that were not a big deal.
I order the TrueVue anti-glare screen protector from Amazon.com took three days for delivery, first thing i did was to take off the previous protector (zagg) and apply the new one.

All four edges were not sticking for some reason. i was not happy with this screen protector that i decided not to use one.

Had it like this for a week, i have maybe three small hairline scratches that are only visible if you point it directly to the light.

Screen looks awesome without screen protector and feels good too. Im sure i will get more scratches but i prefer the regular feel that the rubbery.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kuopio, Finland
I don't have screen protector on but I bought nokia leather case for it.

I never use screen protectors. Such things remind me of peolple with couches wrapped in plastic.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Couches wrapped in plastic lol! i see that all the time

no screen protector, no scratches everything is fine

The Following User Says Thank You to CrckMc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Still dithering about it (since late November) haven't got one yet, but always keep it in pouch when not in use.

The Following User Says Thank You to kwotski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
No screen protector either, but I did order one a month ago and I'm yet to receive it. But so far no scratches.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ England and USA
As readers of this forum are well aware the N900 is getting close to the end of its life. Since mobile devices are obsolete so quickly there seems little point in bothering with screen protection.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgbirch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna
Haha Screen protectors lol. I never used one of those. Instead of scratching the screen (which is mor resilient btw), you scratch the protector, ok. But does it look better this way?

Ok , you COULD take it of, but you won't
unless you want to sell it in "almost new" condition. Then i understand it. But i plan to use it for a year min.

i wouldnt dare use the n900 without one , this is just my opinion :-)

the screen is really soft and ive seen how easy they can scratch either via the stylus or a piece of dust being touched and dragged by your finger is all it takes

i use these ones cheap , good quality and easy to put on , also a very good fit as they cover the whole front of the phone

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3X-LCD-Screen-...item2558214a18

its personal choice but a scracthed screen would annoy me a hell of alot more then a screen protector :-) its cheaper to replace too lol