Notices

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I found a lot of bugs in this theme...

like the buttons in the WEB...
and also at the right of the menu button, you can see some "changing color" line....

Hope those will get fixed.

Also, the volume button that is in the dropdown menu is orange at, can that be changed into blue too? everything in this theme is blue, then suddenly orange volume.... that... looks weird

i can't find it in extras-devel..can u upload it here plzzz?

Originally Posted by kavekave View Post
i can't find it in extras-devel..can u upload it here plzzz?
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d..._0.4_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to kid2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by slartibartfass View Post
The colors are really nice, but the Windows logo everywhere really bugs me. Why would i want this on my Linux phone?

Why didn't you change Google into Bing in the 2nd screenshot?
Why are you commenting about not wanting Windows logo in a Windows 7 theme thread? Non sequitur.

Last edited by rickysio; 2010-09-18 at 13:38.

thank you so much man..great theme.. i love it..but one request..can u remove the shades from the icons on the desktop?

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by kid2k View Post
Windows7-theme for Maemo 5
Download Theme From extra-devel
You're using the windows logo which IMO is not legal. While IANAL, I believe that your software should be removed from the repositories since it uses an established trademark/logo and I guess that you don't have the right to do so.

I suggest you remove any occurrence of the windows logo and also ensure that you're allowed to use and redistribute the windows' background. Both are protected by copyright and you can't use them unless you're explicitly allowed by a license.

EDIT: The above also apply to any "borrowed" graphics you've included like the icons. Sorry to bring bad news but that's the law.

nice theme dude!

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
Originally Posted by v13 View Post
You're using the windows logo which IMO is not legal. While IANAL, I believe that your software should be removed from the repositories since it uses an established trademark/logo and I guess that you don't have the right to do so.

I suggest you remove any occurrence of the windows logo and also ensure that you're allowed to use and redistribute the windows' background. Both are protected by copyright and you can't use them unless you're explicitly allowed by a license.

EDIT: The above also apply to any "borrowed" graphics you've included like the icons. Sorry to bring bad news but that's the law.
if it would be like this, all the linux win themes for ubuntu and all the oter os, wouldnt be allowed either and i can found some of them in other official repositorys.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
if it would be like this, all the linux win themes for ubuntu and all the oter os, wouldnt be allowed either and i can found some of them in other official repositorys.
Well, it is. You cannot use or redistribute other's people work unless you are explicitely allowed to. This includes code, images, sounds and everything else that was created by someone else.

I don't know how serious Ubuntu is with this but I'm confident that it will never reach Debian's repositories. See for example this and especially message #59 which is the answer from debian-legal.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
well anyway, i dont think they care a lot about this. otherwise 50% of the themes at the most used theme-websites would be deleted as well. there are like thousands of Mac themes and whatever stuff around.

Tags
maemo 5, windows theme