Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You can use QuickEdit to change the Quick-launch icons on the bottom when you swipe half the way up the screen from any app. Just start the app, click on the Quick-launch icon you want to change and then on the new app. That's all!

Sure you will ask "Why should I use this?", there is Shortcut already doing this. Sure, but Shortcut doesn't work with PR1.2 and nobody seems to update it and because I wanted to learn Python I thought I could do a kind of Quick-launch editing app. The result is what you see here. Myself, now with some minor Python skills and this handy app.

I'll be grateful for any feedback.

N9-Apps: http://n9-apps.com/quickedit
OVI Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/273562

Changelog:

Future Release (1.0.0-1):
  • Visual feedback for which icon is selected

0.99.9-1:
  • Fixed: If you uninstall an app that is on your Quick-launch, this Quick-launch icon got damaged and won't appear anymore

0.99.2-1:
  • Small improvements

0.99.1-1:
  • Initial release

Ideas:
  • More than 4 Quick-launch icons
  • Widgets in the Quick-launch

Last edited by XenGi; 2012-05-31 at 16:43. Reason: Added a hint tot the thread title (N9/N950 only)

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Maybe put this under the correct forum subcategory? Specifically, Nokia N9 / N950? Thanks!

shortcut not work .... YES

Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
Maybe put this under the correct forum subcategory? Specifically, Nokia N9 / N950? Thanks!
This is an application, so I think Talk -> Software -> Applications is a good category. If there where a subcategory for Harmattan I would have posted it in there but there isn't.

I thought the Talk -> OS / Platform -> MeeGo / Harmattan category is for platform specific stuff and the Talk -> Devices -> Nokia N9 / N950 category is manly hardware related.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
it's ok on it being placed in the applications sub-forum. its just some n900 users who are against any n9 apps being placed in these sub-forums as a form of superiority complex.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by XenGi View Post
This is an application, so I think Talk -> Software -> Applications is a good category. If there where a subcategory for Harmattan I would have posted it in there but there isn't.

I thought the Talk -> OS / Platform -> MeeGo / Harmattan category is for platform specific stuff and the Talk -> Devices -> Nokia N9 / N950 category is manly hardware related.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
OS/Platform MeeGo/Harmattan would have been better, but no biggie

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
I'm also the opinion that you placed your app in the right subcategory with a correct title (mentioning N9/N950).

The problem is that the forum structure isn't very clear. The correct name of the N9 OS would be Maemo6 Harmattan, so apps for that phone shouldn't have to be put in a special subcategory. MeeGo at this point is rather a "marketing-name" and causes more confusion than any benefit.

@thedead1440 isn't that wrong with what he says...

But whats way more important: Thank you so much for your application! It works great and was a missing a lot since PR 1.2 update.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
So far many people downloaded QuickEdit and most of them are happy with it.

Somebody at the OVI store pointed me to a annoying bug. If you've set a quick-launch icon and deinstall this app you will be unable to reassign this quick-launch icon to another app.
I've not much time atm but I'll fix this asap.

And for everybody who already bought the app, thanks guys! You're great! This helps me continue my studying.

i have this problem. since i remove wazapp application, then this problem occur, please fix this.. tq

The Following User Says Thank You to baem90 For This Useful Post:
For all people having this issue, here is a little fix that resets all quick-launch icons to the defauft browser. Than you can rearange them as you like it.

Download the script here: quickedit_0.99.2-1_fix.sh

Just run it in a terminal with "./quickedit_0.99.2-1_fix.sh".

@baem90: thx for the feedback.

Last edited by XenGi; 2012-05-27 at 15:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: