Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Andrew_b View Post
I just installed CSSU Features Config (CSSUFC) this morning but it seems to be adversely affecting the Theme Customizer and the management of themes. I tried uninstalling CSSUFC but unexpectedly it had linked dependencies with the Theme Customizer, CSSU Transitions tuner, Aw0ken Icon Pack, and the Black Plastic theme packs. I removed all the dependent programs and theme packs, then CSSUFC.
A screenshot or some logs would be useful here to understand what you mean.
Did you try uninstalling with HAM and what was the message?

I reinstalled the theme customizer, icons and themes assuming that I would then be able to reconfigure the look of my desktops, but it is still not working.
Again, more info is needed.

If I set theme customizer to reboot after making changes it does not start the reboot after the 'fasten seatbelts' message. If I set it so that I need to reboot manually, the changes do not take effect.
Several people reported that they cannot reboot and is unrelated to the application discussed here. e.g.:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1756

Also, the Aw0ken icon pack update interface is not able to load the icon pack.
I know there was a few updates of this package since I helped the maintainer to fix some issues. Maybe you had an older working version and updated to a newly not working one?
Did you check in the awOken thread?

I noticed also that since installing CSSUFC, the settings in CSSU Transitions Tuner are greyed out and cannot be altered.
All the settings or just one?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
@ Andrew_b:

Could it be you tried to uninstall the CSSU Transitions tuner (and not the CSSU Features Configuration) that has asked you to unistall all the rest? Looking at the dependencies this case is possible.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
@ Andrew_b:

Could it be you tried to uninstall the CSSU Transitions tuner (and not the CSSU Features Configuration) that has asked you to unistall all the rest? Looking at the dependencies this case is possible.
I think also this is what happened

Anyway... I think I found bug in my code that made TC act weird on some devices. Uploaded an update few minutes ago.

Sorry for offtopic.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Firstly, thank you for the suggestion D-iivil, I did this and rebooted for good measure, but the Theme Customizer still halts after the 'fasten seatbelts' message. It also seems to be taking far too long working on making the updates before reaching the reboot stage, which of course are not 'sticking' anyway. And no problem about the comment on where I posted, I was in two minds about here or in Theme Customizer thread.

Thank you Saturn for your reply. I installed CSSUFC with HAM but removed it with FAPman due to all the dependencies. The message was just that the package was dependent on the other packages noted in my earlier post. Would it be worth re-installing with HAM and then removing again with HAM?

I'm linking the inability to use Theme Customizer with the installation of CSSUFC but this may be unrelated. I had been avoiding accepting updates from the AwOken icon pack because I don't like the icon used for making a call ( I replaced it with the stock icon ). After removing the package in conjunction with removing CSSUFC I will now be on the latest version. AwOken now includes a little UI to update the icon set outside of Theme Customizer, but this does not seem to work either.

All of the settings in Transitions Tuner are greyed out with the exception of App menu blur. I had previously selected options from TT before installing CSSUFC and these were selected but greyed out until I removed CSSUFC and all the relevant packages. Since reinstalling them, the options are no longer selected. I currently do not have CSSUFC installed.

Being non-Linux and fairly noobish, I'm not sure how to generate logs, or indeed which logs you might find useful.

@ Andrew_b:

This post appeared while I was typing. I picked CSSU Features Config, but it wanted me to remove everything, which I did after deliberation.

Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
I think also this is what happened

Anyway... I think I found bug in my code that made TC act weird on some devices. Uploaded an update few minutes ago.

Sorry for offtopic.
Thanks, I'll run the update and try again!

Uploaded a new version (1.2-1).

It adds a menu button for restarting hildon-desktop and a series of checks and messages for compatibility with the system. (some examples in th screenshots)

Shortly the first post will be updated with the complete changelog etc.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Andrew_b View Post
Firstly, thank you for the suggestion D-iivil, I did this and rebooted for good measure, but the Theme Customizer still halts after the 'fasten seatbelts' message. It also seems to be taking far too long working on making the updates before reaching the reboot stage, which of course are not 'sticking' anyway. And no problem about the comment on where I posted, I was in two minds about here or in Theme Customizer thread.
The threads don't belong to anyone, so you can post anywhere you like. It's usually better to post to the thread most relevant so that you get better help. I guess in this case it was hard to decide.
Thank you Saturn for your reply. I installed CSSUFC with HAM but removed it with FAPman due to all the dependencies. The message was just that the package was dependent on the other packages noted in my earlier post. Would it be worth re-installing with HAM and then removing again with HAM?
I don't use FAP, but in general it is better to stick to one of the two.

If you don't mind testing again by installing all and trying to remove the CSSU Features first might be useful to see if you can reproduce it.

I'm linking the inability to use Theme Customizer with the installation of CSSUFC but this may be unrelated.
It's quite unlikely the case of a conflict of dependencies since my app depends to completely different stuff than the TC suite.

I had been avoiding accepting updates from the AwOken icon pack because I don't like the icon used for making a call ( I replaced it with the stock icon ). After removing the package in conjunction with removing CSSUFC I will now be on the latest version. AwOken now includes a little UI to update the icon set outside of Theme Customizer, but this does not seem to work either.

All of the settings in Transitions Tuner are greyed out with the exception of App menu blur. I had previously selected options from TT before installing CSSUFC and these were selected but greyed out until I removed CSSUFC and all the relevant packages. Since reinstalling them, the options are no longer selected. I currently do not have CSSUFC installed.
Maybe d-iivil can help you here. He could comment in what cases the options are disabled.

Being non-Linux and fairly noobish, I'm not sure how to generate logs, or indeed which logs you might find useful.
In HAM there is a menu button that shows the log. You can save it and post it in case of installation/uninstallation problems.
Also when you try to unistall something there is the Details button. Check that and the unistalling tab should have info on dependencies in case of problem.

I assume similar function has the FAP.

Can anyone guide me on how to make the slide to unlock menu rotate to portrait? thanks in advance.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Maybe d-iivil can help you here. He could comment in what cases the options are disabled.
All CSSU related settings are disabled @ Tuner if user does not have CSSU installed (this is checked on every launch of TC / CSSU Transitions Tuner).

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE