Active Topics

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by jolo View Post
just fiddling around with optification to get through the Nokia Store submission process.

It is 10.1. We ran out of runway, so we got out what we could get out. No sense in delaying thing even further.
After this release, will there be a later update which contains Flash 11.x?

The Following User Says Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
N9 64gb!! where i can find it?!!! i cant waiiiit, :sad:

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Wow that's uncanny, last night I noticed that youtube actually plays videos on the desktop version(of the page) via default browser and fennec, I hadn't been able to do that before, and I havnt updated fennec for months, and have done nothing to implement flash so obviously it's not related to this upcoming release, maybe in the background somehow.
It's not exactly a slick implementation but it's nice to see it work like that, brings back memories of my old n900 lol.
Now I find out proper flash is coming for fennec at least, jackpot, the lack of flash is one of the many apple features that I don't want a bar of, frankly I found it inconcievable that N9 wouldn't ship with flash, until I received mine......
The N9's heritage is wasted if it can't, scratch that, won't allow for power users on trivial little features like flash.
One thing I can guarantee, this won't stop the whole "oh Nokia don't support their devices" BS, trolls will be trolls, cough chuck vi cough.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
It is 10.1. We ran out of runway, so we got out what we could get out. No sense in delaying thing even further.
:-(

Any chance of FP11x later on?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-25 at 20:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by law138 View Post
Jalyst I would like to thank you for the whining, bugging and keeping the community updated with this also a big thanks to jojo . :-)
NP at all. It was really only a very minor role...
But I'm quite sure jolo wanted to strangle me occasionally

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-24 at 08:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
NP at all. It was really only a very minor role...
But I'm quite sure jolo wanted to strangle me occasionally
Now it's better

Finally flash for N9! I'm in heaven. I wonder how long the Nokia Store submission process will take. Anyone now how long it usually takes? Days, weeks?

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
Soooo......did jolo actually use it on the N9 and can vouch for usability and all?

Ovi store takes couple days...unless Nokia doesn't want it to go out.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Palo Alto, CA
Some good news for a change. We have finally sorted out the issues with Firefox for the N9 and have Adobe Flash certified. This means we should be able to get these to the Store quite soon. Sorry for the silence on this topic, but it has been a roller-coaster ride for these apps.
Now you can get Firefox here: http://store.ovi.mobi/content/257468 - we'll probably get Flash out next week.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to jolo For This Useful Post:
Now you can get Firefox here: http://store.ovi.mobi/content/257468 - we'll probably get Flash out next week.
Absolute amazement. Thank you so much, and to everyone else involved. I only just bought an N9, imported to the UK, and I was not expecting this -- always the best surprise.

Tags
desperation, flash dance