Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Thank for yappari, I was able to register with no problems with version 0.0.20.

Is it possible to change the notification type used when a message is received? I have my n900 set to flash red for emails and blue for IM or SMS. At the moment yappari seems to use the new email notification and flashes my LED red, but I would like it to flash blue to show that it is not just another email. When I am at my PC I read my emails there so I usually ignore the phone when it is flashing red at me

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by af7567 View Post
Thank for yappari, I was able to register with no problems with version 0.0.20.

Is it possible to change the notification type used when a message is received? I have my n900 set to flash red for emails and blue for IM or SMS. At the moment yappari seems to use the new email notification and flashes my LED red, but I would like it to flash blue to show that it is not just another email. When I am at my PC I read my emails there so I usually ignore the phone when it is flashing red at me
Change the pattern in /etc/hildon-desktop/notifications-groups.conf and reboot your phone after that. It's been said before in the thread use the search function.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
@Scorpius thanks bro for the latest update of yappari_0.0.21

just wanted to ask u something , that is it possible to send pictures through this ?

Originally Posted by fahad samad View Post
@Scorpius thanks bro for the latest update of yappari_0.0.21

just wanted to ask u something , that is it possible to send pictures through this ?
No, it's not possible yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
thanks for the reply buddy
thanks for ur help , stay happy

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Change the pattern in /etc/hildon-desktop/notifications-groups.conf and reboot your phone after that. It's been said before in the thread use the search function.
Scorpius, this is only for the LED indication i think. is it also possible to change something like this for vibration. so I can disable vibration for IM or something??

thank you

The vibration is attached to your profile so you would have to disable the vibration for your profile, and that would disable the vibration for *everything*.

Profiles in the N900 are not very good.

The other solution is that I code it, and add options to enable/disable vibration in Yappari and customization of the vibration/LED patterns.

I could do it after the client is ready (after it does everything an original Whatsapp client does). That's like a year from now

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-09-23 at 17:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Ok, thank you. Clear answer.
Then I'll wait for my allready requested function to disable notification for a specified period of time...

Originally Posted by zwevert View Post
Scorpius, this is only for the LED indication i think. is it also possible to change something like this for vibration. so I can disable vibration for IM or something??

thank you
You can change vibration patterns by editing /etc/mce/mce.ini. At the bottom is the line PatternChatAndEmail and a description of the numbers just above. You could try setting the OnPeriod to 0 to disable it, but I never tried it so don't know if it would work. I have edited my mce.ini to change the Policy to only vibrate when the display is turned off. The default was to always vibrate even as I was reading the messages, which was annoying.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to af7567 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
And what were you doing exactly to send that? Yappari will never send something without you pressing enter or clicking the Send button.

That definitely doesn't happen to me.
Just writing my regular message with the keyboard and hit send on the screen once. Sometimes it sends my message and one/two/three empty apps. I just thought I should mention it since I never got this before the last update.

At least I know it's my fault now.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp