Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
Would you rather live in Malaysia and:

(1) have no release date information whatsoever
(2) have no idea if the phone is going to be released at all
(3) take into account the possibility that you will need to purchase from some other country
(4) and if so have absolutely no warranty coverage unless you go through the trouble to send it back to the country of purchase

Be thankful that you have any release information at all and take the fact that the N900 has started to become available at retail in the US as a good sign IMO.
Not really sure how thats in any way relevant. This thread is about information, not whining or 'being thankful'.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
you calling them tonight or in the morning?
just curious if i should stay awake for your answers from them lol

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
you calling them tonight or in the morning?
just curious if i should stay awake for your answers from them lol
they don't open till 9 mate lol
who knows they'll do something special/supprise tmr

Nokia should change their tag line to "Nokia, whining up people"

lol I think just from delaying n900, they got enough names :P on another topic, they gave nokia all kind of movie names which r pretty good hehe

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i have a good feeling about tomorrow, time to sleep now and get up in 6 hours (hope it'll be to n900 in UK shipping)

I hope you'r right mate... I've just e-mailed London Flagship Store to find out about maybe a date and I also asked if they know whether nokiaretail will be delivering around same time as them or not.
I will let you know about the answer.

The Following User Says Thank You to orig_nuttah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by orig_nuttah View Post
I hope you'r right mate... I've just e-mailed London Flagship Store to find out about maybe a date and I also asked if they know whether nokiaretail will be delivering around same time as them or not.
I will let you know about the answer.
my sincere hope is that MPD are just being overly cautious with the 3rd December date to avoid an avalanche of irate customers demanding their device and in fact they will ship earlier...at least I hope. I can't really understand why it would take a further ten days for them to receive stock if the Nokia online store gets them on the 23rd November.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I have an order in with Nokia.co.uk and was wondering why I hadn't received the email other have. I had failed to notice the distinction between that and nokia retail.

I really, really hope it arrives before 3rd Dec since Nokia have kindly invited me to Barcelona and it would be a shame to be flying out there while my n900 sits at home waiting for me.

Edit: This order has not shipped.

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
I only got one back after I sent a complaint email to MPD.

Send them a snotagram and see if you get one back

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I have an order in with Nokia.co.uk and was wondering why I hadn't received the email other have. I had failed to notice the distinction between that and nokia retail.

I really, really hope it arrives before 3rd Dec since Nokia have kindly invited me to Barcelona and it would be a shame to be flying out there while my n900 sits at home waiting for me.

Edit: This order has not shipped.
Nokia online shops are run by MPD - dont ask me why!?!?! I don't understand the distinction either...

Barcelona? You off to the developers conference? Were you serious about the Nokia invite - nice one

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following User Says Thank You to edgedemon For This Useful Post:

Tags
lack of quality control, myfrickenphoneshipped, what a dud