Ok folks, me have a problem here.
Was messing around with the N9 quicktweak5.1 yesterday and my N9 switched from 4 columns to 3.
Tried all methods but to no avail so did a hard reset on the phone and everything was wiped out & had to reinstall everything again.
Now, i have a problem initializing my Ebuddy.
Everytime it says i have registered before and will send a sms to me, it never does.
Also, it keeps saying it wants to import ctcs from FaceBook which I do not want.
I only use those on my phone contacts.
So anyways, i tried, logged into facebook and it just says successful and nothing else.
I have deleted, rebooted and reinstalled a couple of times and is lost atm.
Please advise what's my next best course of action tks

@Vellamoose

Hi!
Did you try to install a version from Nokia Store or our beta?

Thanks,
Aleksandra

I have stumbled upon the solution to the "re-adding facebook friend problem" that many people are facing after reformatted or deleted the XMS folder.

Here's what you'll need to do. Click "Find Facebook friends" on your ebuddy xms, then when you landed on the facebook login page, select another language (I picked Bahasa Melayu) after that select "alternative login method". Next, key in your login ID and password, walla! your ebuddy XMS will start syncing with facebook again. This method also worked for the same problem I faced with Colorss.

But push notification is still yet to resolve =( it works someday for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
A fix was mentioned earlier in this thread & in the Nokia Pulse thread at Beta Labs.
Apparently it's to do with a bug in the push framework...
The workaround is to remove your Nokia acct, reboot, & then recreate your account.
This seems to have worked for everyone that's tried it so far.

Yes I did that before and it worked for me. I've noticed a potential downside though. The store doesn't seem to recognize what apps I've bought before. For example Cute Tube has a "buy" button instead of "Download" even though I've bought that app before.

Originally Posted by latency View Post
Yes I did that before and it worked for me. I've noticed a potential downside though. The store doesn't seem to recognize what apps I've bought before. For example Cute Tube has a "buy" button instead of "Download" even though I've bought that app before.
Sounds like this bug....
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=942
Make sure you vote & get others to...
Pretty sure that's unnecessary though.
This is so bad that they'll def. fix it IMO.
Subscribe to keep track of where it's at.

I have stumbled upon the solution to the "re-adding facebook friend problem" that many people are facing after reformatted or deleted the XMS folder.

Here's what you'll need to do. Click "Find Facebook friends" on your ebuddy xms, then when you landed on the facebook login page, select another language (I picked Bahasa Melayu) after that select "alternative login method". Next, key in your login ID and password, walla! your ebuddy XMS will start syncing with facebook again. This method also worked for the same problem I faced with Colorss.

Worked for me, no need to change the language though. Just select alternative login and login

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
A fix was mentioned earlier in this thread & in the Nokia Pulse thread at Beta Labs.
Apparently it's to do with a bug in the push framework...
The workaround is to remove your Nokia acct, reboot, & then recreate your account.
This seems to have worked for everyone that's tried it so far.

I tried it twice, didn't work for me and the first time I tried it, i faced the “unknown error, try again later” bug which resulted me flashing the phone, am too afraid to try that trick ever since

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
I tried it twice, didn't work for me and the first time I tried it, i faced the “unknown error, try again later” bug which resulted me flashing the phone, am too afraid to try that trick ever since
Alas you may not have rebooted after removing acct.
Even if you did the 2nd time it may have been too late.
But if you're not comfortable by all means stay away from the workaround.
It is your phone after all....

just to share my ebuddy started showing weird bugs (two message threads from the same person, messing up of conversation times), especially after someone attempted to send me a picture file.

so i uninstall (incl deleting the eBuddy folder) and reinstalled the Nokia store version. It solved the problem but i have no push notifications! Tried the recreating nokia account method to no avail. I even created a new nokia account just to make sure.

came to this thread and realise there's a later version (1.103...-.41). Installed that it seems to be perfectly fine now.

any idea what did i do wrong?