Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
It's not so good to see that German cities are not supported yet.
I just got 3 options to go right now from Nikolausstrasse to Hauptbahnhof in Köln (including a 58 min walk, which I did once and I quite enjoyed).

EDIT: I also now know how to go from Bahnhof Zoologischer Garten to Kalkscheune in Berlin.

Last edited by qgil; 2012-05-03 at 16:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Funny is the app seems to only support US and the phone was not even RELEASED in US!? WTF!?
Did you check the page?

This app supports timetable-based information in the following cities & regions:

Atlanta, Auckland, Austin, Baltimore, Barcelona, Berkshire, Berlin & Brandenburg, Boston, Budapest, Chicago, Dallas, Denmark, Denver, Edmonton, Flanders, Halifax, Helsinki, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, London, Miami-Dade county, Minneapolis & Saint Paul, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Sacramento, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Los Angeles, Toronto, Turin, Wellington and Winnipeg.
Simple routing information is available for plenty more locations in all continents - see http://betalabs.nokia.com/node/52654?req=true

The same app is also available for Windows Phone.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
I'd say this app is pretty well pointless and of no use to most N9 users - very limited amount of cities covered.

Maybe that's why it's offered in BetaLabs, and maybe new cities will be added over time?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Hey, at least it's better than the City Scene one with only 6 or so cities covered...

(Barcelona and not Madrid? Curious! Though the timetables as usual are to be taken with one or a hundred grains of salt...)

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
indonesia? Hmmm okay, maybe 3years again its will be added, lol

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I just got 3 options to go right now from Nikolausstrasse to Hauptbahnhof in Köln (including a 58 min walk, which I did once and I quite enjoyed).

EDIT: I also now know how to go from Bahnhof Zoologischer Garten to Kalkscheune in Berlin.
This sounds promising. I have to check it out again when I'll be in Munich tomorrow.

It takes very long time to open the app, does someone else has the same problem or it is for all?

does anyone have an idea whether this could be made to run on our good old N900?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I have been playing with it a little in Chicago area.

It looks pretty impressive and the information is pretty accurate.

Tags
nokia lies