Posts: 99 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Do you mean that the problem goes away only in non-preempted kernels, or in O1 and plain CFS preempted goes away too?
Well, O1 is (named) pre-emptive so... IIRC, mouse event problem went away -- or in fact, wasn't present -- with O1-preemptnovermagic and cfs (that is, without further "extensions"). Note that I don't have that problem with stock or community-SSU kernel. Still, I'd have to spend more testing the kernels to be able to say anything conclusive.

The Following User Says Thank You to wnd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
@wnd:
I have uploaded a new sd 256 preempted kernel here: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...mpt-256.tar.gz
Untar the package in the kbuilds directory.
It has a tweaked touchscreen driver more tolerant for mouse-up events. Please, check if it fixes the mouse event problem for you.
The package also has new wifi driver modules without the WPA-EAP patch, so now they are identical to stock. Please, check if you can connect to your wifi AP.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Looks good. This seems to fix both WLAN and mouse event issues. Also, battely applet is no longer redrawn with a delay. I'm going to run this kernel for time being.

@wnd:
I have built a new sd 256 preempted kernel. In this one I have modified the touchscreen driver adding checks to avoid mouse-up events in faulty hardware (only N810), finally solving the issue for me.
Could you please check if it works fine for you?
For the n800 people here, I also have changed the mouse-up event rate to a max of 10/s, hopefully solving the repeated keys problem for everyone.
The kernel is here: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...mpt-256.tar.gz

I have built a new sd 256 preempted kernel.
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...mpt-256.tar.gz
Ok, running that now. I haven't used my device much for now so I have nothing to report.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Fairport, NY, USA
Originally Posted by wnd View Post
Looks good. This seems to fix both WLAN and mouse event issues.
Is that to say you can now connect to a WPA(2) AP successfully?

[It's been 8 months since I last reflashed... what am I waiting for.:-) ]

- John

Originally Posted by jwernerny View Post
Is that to say you can now connect to a WPA(2) AP successfully?
That is correct. WPA2-PSK works for me with the latest sd-preempt-256 (and stock kernel, obviously).

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
Excellent work, maacruz! But, thy use DIABLOTURBO in the topic name, breda? Just name your project.

COngratulations!

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

@wnd:
I think the failure in the old wifi module was finally caused by a mistake on my part while building the modules: in the old package I supplied the same modules for 256 and 128 HZ kernels, thinking they were equivalent when in fact they aren't (a few modules, wifi included, use the HZ for timing issues), and the failure to connect to your WPA wifi was due to a timeout. The last SD kernel package modules were all built for it's kernel, so there can't be timing issues.
The module attached here (for the last SD 256 kernel) has again the wpa patch applied. Could you please test if you can connect to your WPA AP with it? No need to overwrite anything, just copy and gunzip the module somewhere, put the tablet in flight mode, and as root
Code:
cd somewhere
rmmod cx3110x
insmod cx3110x.ko
then try to connect.

@anybody running stock/ssu diablo kernel on N810:
Could you please tell me how long the tablet takes to shutdown, in seconds, after you press accept?

@tulio:
I like the name because it's sticky. While I'd like this becoming a new community SSU, that doesn't depend on me and may be it can never be, so I though of a diablo-turbo SSU project as first step for community SSU if possible, or a standalone project with a sticky name if not possible.
Attached Files
File Type: gz cx3110x.ko.gz (30.1 KB, 110 views)

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
@anybody running stock/ssu diablo kernel on N810:
Could you please tell me how long the tablet takes to shutdown, in seconds, after you press accept?
SSU, Diablo5 theme, Telescope, couple desktop widgets running: looks like it takes roughly 8 seconds (timed by looking at the second hand on my watch) when shutdown a minute or so after booting up.

The Following User Says Thank You to akorvemaker For This Useful Post: