Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ME2g View Post
?
Bill Gates "left"/retired Microsoft June 27th, 2008.
Where was Apple 2008 - afaik not so bad.
Meanwhile... what happened to Microsoft once its charismatic founder left? Balmer's been a belly-full of fail year after year. Lately, he's especially impressively failing. About the only parts of the company that aren't failing are the parts he disliked so much he didn't want to talk or deal with them directly (XBox for example). I wonder, again, what losing Jobs will do now that Cook has proven himself to be not quite as charismatic as the founder?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

?
Bill Gates "left"/retired Microsoft June 27th, 2008.
Where was Apple 2008 - afaik not so bad.
I believe that was his last full day of work as a chairman or something. He however stepped down as CEO in the beginning of 2000 if I remember correctly. Check apple's growth during this period. Billy obviously wanted less involvement on day to day decision making. Heck Apple wouldn't even be around without Gates. Also let's look at apple's growth from 2008 to present.....stunning isn't it ?

I don't see much difference between Apple and MS here.
That 's why Linux has more impact on my desktop.
That I can definitely agree with but Linus disappoints me.

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

Vote for me as the new CEO and I promise you there will be lots of things to look forward too. For those who don't know who I am. I feel sorry for you guys

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by alfonso bastos2 View Post
Vote for me as the new CEO and I promise you there will be lots of things to look forward too. For those who don't know who I am. I feel sorry for you guys
Why should I vote for you? I'm already disappointed in your failure to successfully usurp role of CEO ahead of any kind of election.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
elop nxt plz, jobs gone, n9 still noshow