Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Regarding lyrics backend.
Iīve seen this site as a lyrics-app in both android and iphone:
http://lyrics.wikia.com/Special:Search
Seems pretty decent.
Would it be possible to change the backend manually?
I donīt know how that stuff really works in the background though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to datjomp For This Useful Post:
I've created wiki page:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Open_Media_Player

It's far from being perfect, I think I'm not best person to fill lacking info now, as I'm (yet) not user of OMP I'm sure gidzzz will fill info about features - everyone else, please correct possible mistakes, provide links from used terms (that already got wiki articles) etc.

If someone is too lazy... ekhm, occupied to edit her/him-self, You can always send me or gidzzz info about mistakes in PM.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-11-14 at 14:42.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Additional bugs
Since installing Open Media Player,
Sociality is not working properly and neither is Optimize N900

Kind of shameless bump - I edited Open Media Player wiki article in a way, that everything it needs now - IMO - is gidzzz submitting necessary information in <insert here> fields. Other info seems to be completed (internal wiki links, etc).

Of course, if anyone think there is something else that should be added there, please edit it. It is really easy and straightforward process, even for most iApple dumbies, not to mention proud N900 users

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I'll try to gradually fill the page with missing/useful information.

Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
Regarding lyrics backend.
Iīve seen this site as a lyrics-app in both android and iphone:
http://lyrics.wikia.com/Special:Search
Seems pretty decent.
Would it be possible to change the backend manually?
I donīt know how that stuff really works in the background though.
I even used to contribute to Lyric Wiki, but I think it has too many missing entries due to some legal issues. For some songs (too many, in my experience) you get only a few lines of text and a takedown notice.
It's impossible to simply change the provider, the support for a service has to be implemented first.

Originally Posted by sidd211095 View Post
The lyrics finder fails many time i.e. that it works for only a few songs is it possible to change the lyrics directory ?
Can you give some example song artists/titles? Maybe you have encountered a bug in OMP? I know it doesn't work in certain cases.

Originally Posted by eggtimer View Post
Additional bugs
Since installing Open Media Player,
Sociality is not working properly and neither is Optimize N900
The only things that OMP installs are:
  • "/opt/openmediaplayer/*" with translations and QML files for its prvate use
  • "/usr/bin/openmediaplayer" just the executable, nothing unusual here
  • "/usr/share/doc/openmediaplayer/*" some info about the application
  • "/usr/share/applications/hildon/openmediaplayer.desktop" menu entry
  • "/usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/openmediaplayer.png" the icon
I don't know how could that break something. Maybe updates for some other stuff got pulled from extras-devel as dependencies?

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
After quite long absence from this thread (i must admit that, I was a little discouraged by lack of development in pre-gidzzz times), I've reverted 20-30 pages back, and re-read it - I wanted to check, how that awesome whirlwind of development started.

After doing so, I must write that - *huge* thank You gidzzz, for all that awesome work. Yea, I know there is a "Thank" button, but it is not sufficient in this case. It is great to see, how a wish to correct small annoying thing, transformed into (practically) maintaining and developing package. There are some people like that here - freemangordon, Nicolai, You (just to name few, from top of my head - listing all would be quite wrong, in case I forget someone, and would create holy wall of text ), who create a true flaming storm of code-work - proving again that, if one want, no project is "too big".

So, thanks again, and I hope that developing this will still give You much joy Of course, I instantly switched from stock media player to OMP. Really, great work!

---

By the way, I think I may found a little bug. While watching video, it's name isn't updated in media player widget (at least, the Open one from Nicolai, but both should work same way here) - it just show name of last music file, that was played. Still, pausing and resuming from widget does work, but pressing forward/backward just result in OMP returning to menu (thus, stopping video playback).

After that, widget is "stuck" - i.e. pressing play, forward or backward, doesn't result in any action. After opening something manually in OMP, control cia widget is re-gained (so it doesn't crash).

With stock media player, name of video file is "forwarded" to media player widget, and one can switch between videos using forward/backward (just like with music files).

Of course, it isn't "blocker" bug, but would be great if it can be fixed without much hassle.

/Estel

// Edit

Also, stock media player did "pause" to video once minimized, but that was freakin' irritating, so in this case, I'm glad that OMP doesn't mimic such behavior
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
@gidzzz:

have you seen this: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/sleeper/

maybe you can integrate something similar into OMP in a form of menu option or something.... nice feature and quite useful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neboja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
may be this one is silly asking, please enable search using dropdown menu or by swiping from edge of the screen , " the left and the right , like u wnt to enable cursor on microb "
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Czech Republic
I have made Czech translation. However, I used older version of file without translatable yes/no. Is there any way to update lang file to new version without translating everything again?
Attached Files
File Type: zip openmediaplayer.cs.ts.zip (5.9 KB, 82 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linnar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
By the way, I think I may found a little bug. While watching video, it's name isn't updated in media player widget (at least, the Open one from Nicolai, but both should work same way here) - it just show name of last music file, that was played. Still, pausing and resuming from widget does work, but pressing forward/backward just result in OMP returning to menu (thus, stopping video playback).
OMP doesn't make use of video playlists yet and the widget probably displays current item from the current playlist, which is an audio playlist in this case. It also causes pressing forward to not work as expected.

Originally Posted by neboja View Post
have you seen this: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/sleeper/

maybe you can integrate something similar into OMP in a form of menu option or something.... nice feature and quite useful
I think it might be a good idea, I'll consider that.

Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
may be this one is silly asking, please enable search using dropdown menu or by swiping from edge of the screen , " the left and the right , like u wnt to enable cursor on microb "
It's not silly, searching without sliding the keyboard out might be convenient.

Originally Posted by Linnar View Post
I have made Czech translation. However, I used older version of file without translatable yes/no. Is there any way to update lang file to new version without translating everything again?
You can download the whole source code and update the translation with a tool called lupdate, but that's what I do each time I add a translation, so you can also send me the file and wait for it to appear in http://gitorious.org/~gidzzz/qt-medi...es/master/lang, then select it and download "Raw blob data" for further editing. Oh, and I have already added ano/ne.

Originally Posted by sidd211095 View Post
I think That the option of adding lyrics manually should be added or a complete site should be used for fetching lyrics...
You can add/edit lyrics from the context menu. It's rather hard to find a source which has all the lyrics.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse