Active Topics

Notices

yes it plays via stock. i cudnt play any video with omp. it just loads without any dots.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ildar View Post
2. Song names affected when a song has cyrillic name and has no id3 tag
unfortunatelly I was right: such mp3s shown badly - 8bit encoding, Latin1, I guess.
But the problem may be not in OMP, as not just OMP affected: stock MP and mediaplayerwidget also. So I think this may be for example, trackerd crowler problem. What do you think?

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
i have request: could "cue sheet" files (if available in the watch folders) be loaded and display that info in now playing window (artist, album, etc...)
there is a "cuesheet widget" doing just that, but can you somehow implement that future into omp???

it is good when listening to downloaded podcast, or live mixes...

maybe to put option to choose between lyrics and cuesheets to view????

I've been testing OMP for a few hours over the last couple of days. It is looking very solid now! Obviously a lot of work has gone into it.

Thanks!

One trivial feature request:

It would be very convenient to have a "delete" item in the context menu of the "now playing" song list to delete a song from the file system. This functionality exists in the context menus of other OMP windows. When random play of all music brings up a song I don't really want on my phone anymore, I don't see an easy way to delete it. Going back to the songs list where the context menu does include "delete", doesn't select or display the playing song so I end up having to search for the playing song there in order to delete it.

I took a look at the code and it looks like it would be trivial to add this to nowplayingwindow.cpp after "Delete from now playing". I'd do it myself and send a patch, but my scratchbox is likely quite out of date at this point. (Let me know if you prefer I do my share and I will try to find time to update my N900 development environment and work up a small patch for this).

Thanks!

--Brad

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brad112358 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
I don't know if someone noticed that talking on IM is almost impossible while listening to music from omp. The same thing is for sms, i think it should make silent beep when message is coming, not pause music and play sms/im sound.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pawelstryju For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pawelstryju View Post
I don't know if someone noticed that talking on IM is almost impossible while listening to music from omp. The same thing is for sms, i think it should make silent beep when message is coming, not pause music and play sms/im sound.
i think it should be optional,... but i think it is not possible without restarting a player.. (am i right???)

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
totally agree... the system still needs a iron going over it.... although it does work well.

Loz

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by neboja View Post
i think it should be optional,... but i think it is not possible without restarting a player.. (am i right???)
this is normal feature of stock player and i don't see the reason why someone wants to listen sms/im sound while listening to music o.O

i don't see the reason why someone wants to listen sms/im sound while listening to music o.O
do you know how often did i missed sms while listening to the music... allot!!! so i think that sometime it is necessary to have that future, and sometimes not (depending on how user use his phone)

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
there is a bug (don't know if it was reported yet) but when i tried to add a streaming radio station, i can't add mms:// stations (see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=mms+streaming and http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=10)

seems that the "add station" dialog only validates html:// URLs and not mms://

i can add it in the stock media player though, and playing it in OMP works flawlesly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse