Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Vlad,
I updated to .96 yesterday, saw that you'd addressed sunrise/sunset times from weather.com. I was excited to see that, since my rise and set were always off by one hour. Unfortunately, they're now off by 2 hours. So today, local sunrise is 6:11. Ver .95 showed 7:11, and .96 says 8:11.

Sunrise/set is reported correctly on weather.com website for my location.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Vlad,
I updated to .96 yesterday, saw that you'd addressed sunrise/sunset times from weather.com. I was excited to see that, since my rise and set were always off by one hour. Unfortunately, they're now off by 2 hours. So today, local sunrise is 6:11. Ver .95 showed 7:11, and .96 says 8:11.

Sunrise/set is reported correctly on weather.com website for my location.
Same here.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Finland
Hi!

I have experienced a few times recently a situation in which the program does not display the proper weather icon; instead a question mark is shown. I cannot confirm whether this is only affecting the last release or if it was a pre-existing issue.

In the screenshot above, the icon for drizzle is not displayed, instead a question mark is shown.I believe this should be unrelated to the specific icon set (contour), as I recall trying other icon sets without success.

Cheers!

Paolo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paolo_3_1415926 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Ver 0.9.7 now shows correct sunrise and sunset times for current day. Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Suddenly MeeCast on my device has stopped updating. I've always updated manually, but now when I press the update button the wait bar appears for some time and then it goes away; in the center it writes 'Looks like there's no info for this location'. I've tried Gismeteo, The Weather Channel and foreca and result is the same. I'm at Moscow, if that matters, updating via WLAN.
The version of program is 0.9.7. I've just tried reinstalling (removed with --purge, then installed again) and nothing changed.
I've also just tried removing the /.config/com.meecast.omweather directory, but it all stays the same.

Last edited by zxcvbnm3230; 2014-08-13 at 21:59.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm3230 View Post
Suddenly MeeCast on my device has stopped updating. I've always updated manually, but now when I press the update button the wait bar appears for some time and then it goes away; in the center it writes 'Looks like there's no info for this location'. I've tried Gismeteo, The Weather Channel and foreca and result is the same. I'm at Moscow, if that matters, updating via WLAN.
The version of program is 0.9.7. I've just tried reinstalling (removed with --purge, then installed again) and nothing changed.
I've also just tried removing the /.config/com.meecast.omweather directory, but it all stays the same.
Please check up date and time on your device.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vasvlad View Post
Please check up date and time on your device.

Vlad.
Date and time are correct, I've checked them first.
Well, I enabled Automatic time update in settings and tried to update via 3G and - voila! - it worked. Then I deleted config files and tried updating via 3G with Auto-update disabled - and nothing. Tried updating via Wi-Fi with Auto-update enabled - also nothing.
By the way, I need to mention, that I updated tz database yesterday (because of changes in Russian time on Oct 26th), but, firstly, I'm pretty sure that I did everything right and secondly, these problems with weather update had started before.
I'm gonna dig into this problem, and write here if I find anything more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi,
I'm new to MeeCast (sooner than later !). I've just a little issue. I setup MeeeCast to update the forecast every hour and when this happens, the forecast on my N9 standby screens disappears. I've to open MeeCast, and close it, to restore the standby icon.

Any idea to fix this?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi,
I'm new to MeeCast (sooner than later !). I've just a little issue. I setup MeeeCast to update the forecast every hour and when this happens, the forecast on my N9 standby screens disappears. I've to open MeeCast, and close it, to restore the standby icon.

Any idea to fix this?

Thanks.
Try to reboot your device. Do you use another program on standby screen?

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Hi
I've uploaded the new version of MeeCast to OpenRepos

Changelog:

* Added Sunrise and sunset for fmi.fi source
* Added Precipitation
* Added Precipitation rate
* Added Dewpoint
* Added dewpoint for weather.com source
* Updated Catalan, Spanish, Russian, Dannish translations