Active Topics

Notices

It seems libacl1 is not promoted from extra-devel to extra?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
I'm having the same issue.

So am I.

I can't find that package anywhere in Maemo repositories -- not even in extras-devel.

Where oh where did it go?

Since no one takes care of this problem after so long, I decided to just temporarily enable the extra-devel repository, upgrade rsync, and disable the repository again. Problem solved, although I'm a little disappointed on the maintenance of Maemo... Perhaps I'm spoiled by the excellent maintenance of Ubuntu.

How did you manage that?

I'm running OS2008; I looked at the repository index and didn't see libacl or libacl1 at all. Even with extras-devel enabled the installer complained that it couldn't find the library and quit.

Originally Posted by mariner View Post
How did you manage that?

I'm running OS2008; I looked at the repository index and didn't see libacl or libacl1 at all. Even with extras-devel enabled the installer complained that it couldn't find the library and quit.
It's indeed in extras-devel:

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...lo/free/a/acl/

Last edited by smilerliu; 2009-09-03 at 03:11.

OK, thanks.

I must have been looking at an outdated page.

I tried again and this time it worked.

Could you please describe step by step what you have done? I can't get it to work. (Though I still think, that someone should fix the standard repositories.)

I agree that someone should fix the standard repositories. Unfortunately with Maemo5 out the people who have access and know how to do this have probably lost interest in Maemo4 repositories.

To install rsync:

1. Go to Applications --> Settings --> Applications manager.

2. In Application manager, from the top-left drop-down menu select Tools --> Application catalog... .

3. Click the New button, and add the new catalog as follows:

Catalog name: Extras-devel
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel
Distribution: Diablo (unless you're still using Chinook)
Components: free non-free

Make sure the "Disabled" box is NOT checked.

4. Click OK.

5. Highlight the Extras-devel entry and click Edit; inspect your work. When you're satisfied click OK again.

6. Click Close; the Application manager will download new package lists ("updates") for all catalogs that are not disabled.

7. Click on Browse installable applications --> All. Scroll down to rsync. Highlight it and click Install.

8. When all that is completed go back and install grsync. It's a gtk+ frontend for the command-line rsync.

The Following User Says Thank You to mariner For This Useful Post:
For a reason I don't understand it only worked after I tried spelling it "diablo" instead of "Diablo". Still, it worked.

So, thanks for your help.