Posts: 23 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Singapore
man, i still cant get it to work... zzz

and i kept getting this... any idea why?

im on 770 with OS 2006 (3.2006.49-2). thanks.

Last edited by AsteroidS; 2007-11-02 at 14:47.

i managed to get shockwave9 run on the default browser (not microb), however, there is no sound... any advice?

It does work in my os 2006 machine, with the disadvantage that the plugin seems to demand too munch from the machine and youtube videos fail to play. I have followed very simple steps. You need the terminal app and root access, more info in maemo.org.
Just did this:
1. Get the file posted by computerfreek
2. untar it
Code:
tar xvzf microb_flash-4.2007.tar.gz -C ./
3. find libflashplayer.so and libplayback-1.so.0.0.4, probably ilegal to redistribute) inside the curious directory layout of the unzipped files. for this operation i used gpe file manager, which eases the process a lot, also in maemo.org. Copy both files to a directory made by myself:
Code:
sudo becomeroot
Code:
mkdir /home/user/flash/
Code:
copied the files with gpe file manager
4. Create a Symlink to libplayback-1.so.0.0.4 and name it libplayback-1.so.0 by typing:
Code:
ln -s /home/user/flash/libplayback-1.so.0.0.4 /usr/lib/libplayback-1.so.0
5.backup the old /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so (the original flash plugin). Just move it:
Code:
mkdir /home/user/flashbak
Code:
mv /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so /home/user/flashbak
6.Make sure /usr/lib/browser/plugins/ has no libflashplayer.so
Code:
ls /usr/lib/browser/plugins/
Copy or symlink the libflashplayer.so file computerfreek kindly provided into from /home/user/flash:
Code:
cp /home/user/flash/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/browser/plugins/
i did this but a symlink seems to have worked for our pioneer:
Code:
ln -s /home/user/flash/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so/
It worked for me this way, with the limitations already stated.
I must say i already had microb installed and i think this is mandatory for the trick to work. Not sure anyway, you try. In my system, /home/user/.mozilla/plugins is actually a symlink to /usr/lib/browser/plugins, so i think placing the library there should work for both browser engines. My real problem is that microb does not work well on my 770 with the plugin, nor without it. For youtube videos use ukmp, also on maemo.org.

Last edited by angelock; 2007-11-05 at 01:23.

my browsers (microb and default) with flash9 crashes oftenly esp when 2 or more windows are opened, are there any explanations for this? i understand that many users are having this problem too.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Herndon, VA, USA
I have no sound after installing flash 9 as well, and for the most part it didn't improve my browsing experience on the 770. I'm thinking of just reverting to my backup files.

Does anyone have more clear instructions? I am assuming you use X Terminal, but after typing in the URL, the terminal says "unable to wget" or something similar.

I tried the post above on this page, but my browser crashes when I open it. I do not have microb installed, FYI.

EDIT: Got it working without any other issues. Thanks for the guide!

Last edited by pugboy; 2007-11-06 at 01:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to pugboy For This Useful Post:
Sound works for me but you have to install a missing libsound I donl't have a link to it i found it on the fourms . But i just searched for it now and i can not find it . i will keep looking . but when i did 1st install flash 9 i had no sound . then i was reading some post and there was a lib sound that was for the n800 that someone redid for the 770 and it worked ine . As for youtube it did not help i do get the sound on yourtube now but the vdeo is messed up .

I will post the link if i can find it ASAP .
Computerfreek

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
Does pandora.com work with it?

Originally Posted by computerfreek View Post
i do get the sound on yourtube now but the vdeo
is messed up.
computerfreek, can you please goto pandora.com and find out if you can get sound?