Active Topics

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
SSU installed perfectly, in fact, much better than nokia ones in the past, in my quite unusual setup.
Tested busybox ash and osso-pdf-viewer, everything works as expected.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Ima, sorry I am not PMing you, i just registered with talk and i think it might not work yet.
I would like to test the community ssu.
This active discussion about furthering the n810 is really exciting. for a short while i got discouraged that i just got this tool and nokia is starting to slow it's support.
Thanks for everyones geeky tendencies!

The Following User Says Thank You to cstryon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cstryon View Post
I would like to test the community ssu.
Thanks. I tried to email you but I'm not sure that was successful (instead of an acklowledgement I was just redirected to the forum home page, but maybe vbulletin is like that). Let me know if you haven't received it.

I did get the email Ima. Doing the install now, I will let you know what happens.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I really want to give this a test but I didn't get around to it this weekend... I'll try this week...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
lma: I tried it last night on a (nearly) fresh install of whatever the last official Diablo release was (43-7?), and it installed flawlessly. I haven't used my N810 much since then, but I haven't noticed any obvious issues. I'll keep you posted. Should we report problems/bugs here for now?
Also, at some point in the near future, I'll be setting up my normal cloned install with bootmenu on the device, and I'll let you know how that goes if I do it in time.
Cheers

Originally Posted by jaem View Post
Should we report problems/bugs here for now?
Yes, for now. But since you brought it up, and we briefly discussed this in the bugsquad meeting earlier today: Obviously we want to use bugs.maemo.org, and there are two obvious ways to do it as far as I can see:
  1. Create a new product and handle everything there
  2. Create a new version and use the existing Official platform/Official applications products.

Both approaches have advantages and drawbacks, and I admit I haven't given it much thought yet but what do people think?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I guess it depends how "official" maemo.org wants to treat this.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Yes, for now. But since you brought it up, and we briefly discussed this in the bugsquad meeting earlier today: Obviously we want to use bugs.maemo.org, and there are two obvious ways to do it as far as I can see:
  1. Create a new product and handle everything there
  2. Create a new version and use the existing Official platform/Official applications products.

Both approaches have advantages and drawbacks, and I admit I haven't given it much thought yet but what do people think?
I haven't been following the community SSU discussion, so I'm not sure about how the hand-over is happening, but if it's listed under the "Official platform/applications" section in the bugtracker, we're essentially redefining "official"; IMO it would be prudent to wait until the community SSU process has all the kinks worked out of it, and then make a proper announcement, before we start referring to it as 5.2008.43-7++. Otherwise we might run the risk of someone "misreading" something and causing another blogospheric incident like we had the other day.
I don't really think option #1 is a viable choice, though, especially in the long term. It would probably cause all manner of confusion - not only in terms of filing bugs, but also confusion over the nature of the community SSU itself - and probably more work for Andre because of that.
Do we (we being the maemo.org team and/or the community at large) have anything currently set up that would work provisionally for bug reporting? I don't mean a full tracker, but a forum thread is a very inefficient and ineffective method for bug reporting. At the very least, why don't we start a new one for testing, and leave this one for discussion?

I too would like to participate. Sent PM, thanks for your hard work.

EDIT: not fully registered yet, can not PM

Last edited by xopher; 2010-03-17 at 15:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to xopher For This Useful Post:

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo