Active Topics

Hi,

on my previous Nokia phone, I could manually add album art (from a picture in the photo gallery) to albums in the music player. How does that work in the N9? I guess you have to tag your music so that each file includes album art in the tag itself...95% of my music doesn't have such tags so I'm looking for another way to add album art to the music player.

Thanks!

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
me 2

I have set the album picture, I can saw it in the PC, but after place to my N9 music folder, the N9 still cant show the album art for me..dont know why

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
The N9 can only display album art that is either embedded in the MP3 file's meta data or statically linked to in the same meta data.

If, on a PC, you were to use iTunes to add album art, the method used to associate that art to the MP3 file would not work on the N9.

Any other desktop MP3 manager like Media Monkey can embed album art in an open method recognized by the N9.

On the N900 we had Mussorgsky which could edit MP3 meta data and embed album art right on the phone. I'm pretty sure the Hildon dependencies would keep the Mussorgsky .deb file from installing cleanly on the N9 though.

http://my-maemo.com/software/applica...uto=958&faq=34

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
does the N9 support APEv2 tagging, or only IDE3?

Just found this new N9 app to edit mp3 meta data. Haven't tried it yet to see if it can also embed album art, but it looks very promising!

http://my-meego.com/software/applica...Auto=778&faq=2

EDIT: Just checked, not only does this new app not allow adding album art, but it does not even recognized art that has already been embedded into the mp3 file's meta data.

Last edited by cddiede; 2011-12-05 at 16:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
It does recognize the embedded album art but there is no way to change it.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Actually there is a way to control cover art manually, at least in those cases where no cover art exists which would be automatically loaded.

The method involves getting access to the file system of N9 with either a file manager, command line, SSH or SFTP. I did this myself with the developer mode on, connected from PC via USB, and used SSH and SFTP for file management.

1. In MyDocs/Music/ folder, create a folder with name Artist - Album/

2. Into this folder copy an image with the exact same name as the folder, and with correct extension: Artist - Album.jpg

3. Now, copy the audio files into this folder. BTW: I'm not sure if the audio files need to have artist and album tags set.

4. Done! The album art becomes associated with the audio files in this folder.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by HenkkaJ View Post
Actually there is a way to control cover art manually, at least in those cases where no cover art exists which would be automatically loaded.

The method involves getting access to the file system of N9 with either a file manager, command line, SSH or SFTP. I did this myself with the developer mode on, connected from PC via USB, and used SSH and SFTP for file management.

1. In MyDocs/Music/ folder, create a folder with name Artist - Album/

2. Into this folder copy an image with the exact same name as the folder, and with correct extension: Artist - Album.jpg

3. Now, copy the audio files into this folder. BTW: I'm not sure if the audio files need to have artist and album tags set.

4. Done! The album art becomes associated with the audio files in this folder.
Can you please share this here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78598&page=104

Thank-you.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by HenkkaJ View Post
You might also try to name the file "folder.jpg"

Looks like we finally have a way to edit the embedded album art on our N9's music files:

http://store.ovi.com/content/99720?c...channel=&pos=1

Combine this with N9TagEdit and we've got all the old Mussorgsky functionality back!

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post: