Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Sphinx780 View Post
I did a quick and dirty search of the thread and didn't come up with anything so I thought I'd ask:

Is there a way to keep the widget from disappearing when the phone is rebooted?
http://maemo.crochik.com/home/mycont...art-after-boot

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hello,
MyContacts seems to be not retrieving my contacts (from Maemo stock app) - when I start it, no contacts show up at all! My package is, I think, from extras-testing, and I'm running PR 1.3. MyContacts used to work before upgrading to 1.3, so maybe it's because of that?

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Hello,
MyContacts seems to be not retrieving my contacts (from Maemo stock app) - when I start it, no contacts show up at all! My package is, I think, from extras-testing, and I'm running PR 1.3. MyContacts used to work before upgrading to 1.3, so maybe it's because of that?
The easiest option is to update mycontacts to the latest version on extras-devel. Unfortunately I haven't had much success on getting users (especially testers) to vote for mycontacts so no new versions have been promoted to extras and the one on testing is quite old.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
@fcrochik
Just to bring this to your notice : The mycontacts "vote" link in your signature points to an old version that has already been promoted.Please update your signature with this one
PS: I am still on PR1.2 else would've tested and voted

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to techie For This Useful Post:
@fcrochik,

Since the update to PR1.3 MyContacts is not sorting non-english characters in the names properly. Built-in contact manager is fine but MyContacts is not. Can you check?

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
This looks like a good place to ask this question.

Is there any way to assign custom profiles or ringtones to toll free prefixes like 800 or 888 numbers?

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
This looks like a good place to ask this question.

Is there any way to assign custom profiles or ringtones to toll free prefixes like 800 or 888 numbers?
It could be a new feature for mycontacts. Maybe even allow the groups (like the call reject) to have some kind of "wildcard" entry. I will keep in mind.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Alabama, US
I installed the app mainly as a means to send SMS messages to groups, a feature which is currently unavailable by default in Meamo 5 (which is absurd, btw). Can MyContacts do this? can you make MyContacts do this?

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
This is the single most useful app i have ever seen for my N900.

I am so sad I cannot make it work...

Am running PR 1.3 and version 0.9.18-1. have tried installing twice.

- I cannot add or remove contacts on the widget once the initial creation of a pane is done. Its like there is no change? Update: found help here that solved my problem: http://maemo.crochik.com/home/mycontacts/how-to

- I cant search in my contacts - it acts completely strange when I try. It is like searching only works partly. writing e.g. "lars" gives me a contact called "sand"... how can that be? Update: Okay so I also solved that one... well sort of anyway. For those of you who have the same problem here is what you do: If you want to search for a contact in the normal adressbook you would write the name (first or last) and the adressbook would narrow the results the more you type. In MyContacts however you have to keep pressing the first letter of the name you are searching for. MyContacs will then take you through all contacts starting with that letter one after the other each time you press the letter...

- After a reboot, the widget disapears. Found your solution here: http://maemo.crochik.com/home/mycont...art-after-boot but must admit its too technical for me.

As I said a great concept. would love to vote for it if I could find the link!! What can I do to help?

Last edited by MortenS; 2010-11-07 at 17:52.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
general ringtone is not working again for me after flashing fw1.3,
same probs as before, ringtone 'tinker' is set but after rebooting phone it reverts back to a ringtone called crochic-general and that tone dont make any noise when i recieve calls, i do have custom ringtones for contacts installed but thats needed as it lets me set different tones for people rather than groups, also have my contacts app tones disabled