Active Topics

There seems to be a problem with the current generation of Zaggsparq, the battery with the 6000 mah of power.
Zagg is now contacting customers, including myself to get a free replacment.

A new version 2.0 should be out in late March.

http://thenokiaguide.com/2010/02/16/...e-replacement/

Version 2,0 should work fine with the N900....finallly!

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
it wasnt really a problem, you just needed a special cable to use it with the n900 because data transfer cables and charging cables are 2 different things. Zaggsparq works with the n900 if you use a charging cable such as the rocketfish.

Yeah, I just got a message saying that if I have any problems with my ZaggSparq that I should contact Zagg. Nothing about any specific problem or that there is a new version of the ZaggSparq coming out.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
The problem was that the Zaggsparq would eventually not charge any device from the usbs even though it was fully charged from the mains (4 leds)

Here is their email:
Thank you to all posters who alerted ZAGG to the charging malfunction with some of our ZAGGsparq™ Portable Battery Backup & Chargers. We have traced the problem to a quality control issue with a component that we purchased from a third-party manufacturer. The problem did not show up on our internal quality assurance tests because the specific components we were testing were not defective. The issue emerged only when we began shipping the finished products.

This problem poses no safety hazard. Both the ZAGGsparq and your charging devices are completely safe. At ZAGG, we want to ensure that your ZAGGsparq delivers the high quality performance you have come to expect from all ZAGG products.

Therefore, if you have experienced problems with your ZAGGsparq, we will replace it free of charge with our new and improved model that will be available in Late May. The new model, the ZAGGsparq 2.0™, will solve the charging issue. Just let us know if you have had a problem.

To receive a replacement ZAGGsparq 2.0 at no cost, customers simply need to mail back their original ZAGGsparq unit. Customers will receive a prepaid shipping label and envelope to return their original unit back to ZAGG for recycling and to qualify for a free ZAGGsparq 2.0.

Please contact us to confirm your mailing address and participate in our Free Replacement Program. You may call us at 1-800-700-ZAGG (M-F, 9am – 5pm, MT), or email us by visiting ZAGG.com/contact.

ZAGG Inc.