Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Also there's a pre-compiled fw posted on irc channel yesterday by one of the users.
Care to share ?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Care to share ?
http://www.merproject.org/logs/%23sa...09-17.log.html

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Couldn't resist
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
I currently own Jolla 1, Jolla Tablet and Intex Aquafish (coverted to Jolla C) and tinkering with the idea of DualSim Xperia X (F5122). I definetly wanna try out to flash Sailfsih OS myself and am positiv on succeeding. Just read most of this thread and the instruction on sailfishos.org and have to say:
Apart from tech crazies, nerds, phone enthusiasts - who does Jolla really want to attract to come over from iOS or Android?
I am so baffled....Like always crazy announcements "Sailfsih on Sony hardware - we will make an image and you can flash it. Just need a linux pc"...

I love Arch and i setup my laptop from scratch via shell. So i am not too concerned about all of it. But as a company who wants to become 3rd in mobile OS market? Sorry NO user will go through that....I am suprised if even >=2000 will do that world wide....

EDIT: typos / sorry in advance if that is conceived as a rant - not my intention

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hemiwi For This Useful Post:
I am writing this on my new xperia x. Argos in the UK have it reduced to £250.
Love the hardware, but
OH MY GOD ANDROID IS AWFUL

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Martinhsl68hw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Martinhsl68hw View Post
I am writing this on my new xperia x. Argos in the UK have it reduced to £250.
Love the hardware, but
OH MY GOD ANDROID IS AWFUL
My one arrived today, I bought it from eGlobalCentral for £176 BUT the power button seems faulty

In regards to @hemiwi sailfishOS will always remain a niche OS for crazy people like us!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
I currently own Jolla 1, Jolla Tablet and Intex Aquafish (coverted to Jolla C) and tinkering with the idea of DualSim Xperia X (F5122). I definetly wanna try out to flash Sailfsih OS myself and am positiv on succeeding. Just read most of this thread and the instruction on sailfishos.org and have to say:
Apart from tech crazies, nerds, phone enthusiasts - who does Jolla really want to attract to come over from iOS or Android?
I am so baffled....Like always crazy announcements "Sailfsih on Sony hardware - we will make an image and you can flash it. Just need a linux pc"...

I love Arch and i setup my laptop from scratch via shell. So i am not too concerned about all of it. But as a company who wants to become 3rd in mobile OS market? Sorry NO user will go through that....I am suprised if even >=2000 will do that world wide....

EDIT: typos / sorry in advance if that is conceived as a rant - not my intention
My emphasis...

This - sailfish OS - is a tech demo.

It's client / target market (I believe) is government(s), especially ones that don't want "5 eyes" watching them

Having said that I've got my €50 ready

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
crazy announcements "Sailfsih on Sony hardware - we will make an image and you can flash it. Just need a linux pc"...
When Jolla first started mentioning the Sailfish X stuff, it did sound like longer-term, they were aiming to get a user-friendly cross-platform installer out. As far as I've understood, the initial release is more like an open beta (no Bluetooth, remember), and really just for the hardcore fans who want to support the project and get Sailfish on a solid device. The Sailfish X infodump didn't mention any ongoing plans for the Sony devices, so they may or may not still be working on a nicer installer.

Sorry NO user will go through that
If you mean using a shell script on a Linux device to flash a phone, yeah, that's probably a bit far for most end-users. If you mean running a tool that happens to flash a phone, well, firstly loads of people do that in the Android world anyway, and secondly how else are you going to get another OS on it?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Eztran View Post
If you mean running a tool that happens to flash a phone, (...) how else are you going to get another OS on it?
Provide a Windows GUI application! With a single "Do it!" button and a progress bar.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
It sounded like that was their original idea, yes. Whether it still is, I don't know.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x