Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Yappari reads the photoprofile.png file to show the picture you last chose.

If you change the picture, Yappari sends thew new one to the WhatsApp servers and save it in photoprofile.png.

So photoprofile.png is the "cache" of your profile picture and that's why it is in the cache directory.
feature request,
if user has a photo from another device and hasnt set one yet, download it from whatsapp server
i.e. if no photoprofile.png check whatsapp server for profile photo and download it to device.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Asunción, Paraguay, South America
thank you Scorpius for this app. I find it extremely useful and better than the official whatsapp app in many platforms.

I am using it with a different phone number so I would request that the phone number detection could be disabled.

I wonder if you guys are bored enough and have the skills I obviously don't have to make an icon contest for Yappari?

It seems the consensus is that you all just hate my blue icon.

So if some of you are great with graphics tool like GIMP or Photoshop or whatever you could try to create new icons for Yappari.

But we have to establish some rules, I would say:

- It can not be green.
- It can not look like the WhatsApp/Wazapp icon, not even a little.
- It doesn't have to be a bubble or a handset icon. Be creative.

Yappari is written as やっぱり if you're curious.

I like it the way it is now.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Good question. Yappari 0.0.33 spoofs as a Nokia so if WhatsApp is still renewing Nokias for free you'll get another year.

But that won't be for long, WhatsApp will charge EVERYBODY eventually.

Hi Scorpius!

First a really massive thanks for creating Yappari and your superlative support of it!! I've been using it for 2 months and it's absolutely fantastic and I am more than delighted to give you a donation! =)

Quick question, I'm still using 0.0.30 and was wondering whether I should still wait until June before upgrading to get a free renewal, or whether it's ok to upgrade now to enjoy the awesome new features of 0.0.33! I think my account is due for renewal mid next month. Thanks for the help and keep up the great work!

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Jerex View Post
Quick question, I'm still using 0.0.30 and was wondering whether I should still wait until June before upgrading to get a free renewal, or whether it's ok to upgrade now to enjoy the awesome new features of 0.0.33! I think my account is due for renewal mid next month. Thanks for the help and keep up the great work!
Here is your answer:

Originally Posted by belkins View Post
Hey Scorpius ..Wanted to know if I upgrade to 0.33, will my Expiration date get automatically renewed like .30, Since mine is getting over on May 26, should I wait until then to upgrade to 0.33?
Good question. Yappari 0.0.33 spoofs as a Nokia so if WhatsApp is still renewing Nokias for free you'll get another year.

But that won't be for long, WhatsApp will charge EVERYBODY eventually.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mlwane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Hehehe like mlwane suggested you all can upgrade to 0.0.33 since it uses the same spoofing method than 0.0.30. The only one "risky" is 0.0.31.

If WhatsApp is still renewing Nokias for free you'll get another year. If they don't, well you have to pay.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
I said it before and i say it again. Yappari is the only reason I'm still holding my n900 and will continue to do until the day it break.

Maemo will die sooner or later, but I will hold on for another year

The Following User Says Thank You to TDSii For This Useful Post:
How to use the calling function?

v. 0.0.33 is working perfectly for me! Thanks!
i do have one suggestion, can you integrate conversation themes into this; i.e. Text bubbles and the like!

The Following User Says Thank You to kkyallo For This Useful Post:
No log, no help.
Hello Scorpius,

Please find here attached the log. It has the log syncer log from 0.31 and 0.33 both.

find here attached yappari1.log.zip.

Hope it would help you to help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Attached Files
File Type: zip yappari1.log.zip (10.2 KB, 55 views)

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp