Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by milad ghusn View Post
i do all that, i type /home/user/MyDocs/cuteTube2/
and nothing shown in my videos
Try calling the plugin from the terminal:

Code:
/opt/cutetube2/plugins/localvideos/cutetube2-localvideos
With no arguments provided, the plugin should fetch the first 20 videos stored in the tracker DB.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Maybe is just me, but i preffer in the search window, to have one tab for videos, playlist, etc, and one for date, relevance, etc.

In the way it is right now in 0.2.1, all in one tab, when i look for a video (link youtu.be/whatever), if you search video (date or popular, try with those two), the video doesn't show.

But, if you look the same in video (relevance), the video shows.

I know is a desing stuff, but is easy in two separetes tab in my opionion..

Greetings.

When you search link (youtube.com/watch?v=whatever) it does show the video, so there's a different in the search with the short link.
The reason for having only one list of search options is due to changes in the plugin API and to enable additional options without having to worry about filtering them depending on what type of resource you're searching for (some sort orders are only available for certain resource types). The actual search behaviour should be unchanged from the previous version.

If you provide the protocol (http(s|)) when entering the URL, you should be able to retrieve the video directly, instead of relying on it appearing in the search results. The YouTube API is basically broken and appears to be Google's attempt at trolling third-party developers. Prior to switching to version 3, I was hoping they might have simply fixed the issues with version 2, but instead they have removed useful features (latest subscription videos), and made it necessary to make multiple requests in order to retrieve the same data that was previously retrieved with a single request (e.g. no duration returned in video searches).

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
For anyone that may be interested in writing a plugin, I have provided a first attempt at documentation at https://github.com/marxoft/cutetube2...master/plugins.

My website

GitHub

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Syria - Tartus
Also no videos shown , maybe its a bug in cuteTube2 , why u not adding a default track for video like cutetube1 ??

When i search in Russian i got something like this
Is it just me?

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
Characters are displayed as they should to me, but the search results do not match what I've searched for, just gives random Russian videos it seems

Originally Posted by ekze View Post
Characters are displayed as they should to me, but the search results do not match what I've searched for, just gives random Russian videos it seems
Also with Arabic. It seems that it is related to eastern languages. The search in Arabic previously was ending with (no videos found) but after the last update it shows videos not related to the required search and the results are in that kind of letters. However it is a great work. Thanks.

Same for Russian (no videos found before the update)

The Following User Says Thank You to ekze For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I manually copied ffmpeg 2.2.1 from the QtAV project at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtav.../FFmpeg/Maemo/ on my N9 to convert a youtube mp4 download to an audio file. CuteTube2 seems to detect the ffmpeg binary as I can toggle the button in the program. Unfortunately there's no conversion happened.
When I try to do it from the command line I get the error message "Unable to find suitable output format".
So maybe the ffmpeg I use is broken or was not properly configured
for compiling.
Has anyone a working ffmpeg .deb package for the N9?

Thanks
M.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mick3_de For This Useful Post:
When I press 'dislike' button (thumbs down) it highlights 'like' button instead, shows that video added to liked videos list and adds +1 to the number of likes. Though it actually counts as dislike, you have to restart cutetube to see the difference.

Tags
youtube