Originally Posted by ZiiimZooon View Post
Pretty cool My normal idle usage is 7 - 10 mA
Yeah, I have 3 mfe accounts updating all the time and fb/twitter every half an hour with heavy text usage and occasional phone calls and not to mention Wazapp running in the background.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
I have the battery widget from the beginning, but have seen such a high idle value only once or twice, and it wasn't related to the battery widget .
After PR 1.3, I was surprised to see a significant drop on consumption both idle and usage.
The best advice I can give is to use the 2g network, that is the biggest power saver.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I have found that after having high idle usage.

I searched and found a command that disabled SmartSearch from doing its CPU consuming rubbish, here is the command, it may help

Code:
devel-su
rootme
chmod -x /usr/bin/smartsearch
/sbin/reboot
Your device will reboot and then play around and check out if your Idle decreases, it has dramatically descreased my Idle usage, from 50-60mA to 14-23mA
I tried that command. It says that no such file or directory. I don't have the battery widget/battery icon installed. My average consumption is 50mAh - 67mAh. I'm using 2G network. Please help me T_T

SCREW OPPA GANGNAM STYLE

Thanks to all. Now I have an average idle consumption of 10mAh. I uninstalled battery icon and used the commands. Almost everything works perfect in pr1.3

I don't have battery icon installed. 3 gmail accounts updating all time and wazapp running in the background.

average idle: 70 - 100mA (3G), 40 - 60mA (2G), 7 - 10mA (wifi)

Tried the disable SmartSearch code but no significant reduction in ave idle.

Use top to check, nothing really consuming CPU over 1%.

3G is killer obviously but is this normal with ave idle around 70-100mA?

I searched and found a command that disabled SmartSearch from doing its CPU consuming rubbish, here is the command, it may help

Code:
devel-su
rootme
/sbin/reboot
Your device will reboot and then play around and check out if your Idle decreases, it has dramatically descreased my Idle usage, from 50-60mA to 14-23mA
Does this command disable the search function in the search app, I just tried doing a search in the search app, nothing pops up, the progress squircle kept circling and circling.

If so, how do I undo the command?

EDIT : Doesn't matter, I just changed the - into + haha

Last edited by kai_en; 2012-07-22 at 03:06.

Originally Posted by bnwg View Post
3G is killer obviously but is this normal with ave idle around 70-100mA?
No, I have 7-10 mA usage with 3g. However it really depends on location and radio conditions. Having the power usage that high means that your phone might be constantly searching for better 3g APs for your location, or constantly switching between two or more APs. When boosting for better signal and for locating surrounding APs the 3g radio can use 100-150 mA.

Note that more APs in the surrounding area may cause more problems than having only one.

It may also help to switch 3g only in case that your phone is constantly on the verge of switching to 2g and keeping the radio logic busy, although that probably ends up with disconnecting phone calls more easily.

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
No, I have 7-10 mA usage with 3g. However it really depends on location and radio conditions. Having the power usage that high means that your phone might be constantly searching for better 3g APs for your location, or constantly switching between two or more APs. When boosting for better signal and for locating surrounding APs the 3g radio can use 100-150 mA.

Note that more APs in the surrounding area may cause more problems than having only one.

It may also help to switch 3g only in case that your phone is constantly on the verge of switching to 2g and keeping the radio logic busy, although that probably ends up with disconnecting phone calls more easily.
The 70-100mA is in 3G only mode. I think u absolutely point to the correct factor that my device is always searching/switching APs for any reasons. Seems I need to live with that and try to connect to wifi whre possible.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia

Code:
devel-su
rootme
/sbin/reboot
I did this and it halved my avg battery useage to around 9mA. Freakin fantastic!!

Code:
devel-su
rootme
/sbin/reboot
HOW to do it, please guide me, Thanks.