Notices

Originally Posted by aburdhew View Post
yes this is exactly what i meant "alerts" and the selection menus if it is possible
as you have seen also the reflection in the button , it looks glassy

it well be awesome if it be in n900
Yes, this is possible on the n900, but somebody capable wanting to do this is what determines if it's likely [see fMMS]. If someone asked me where they could start on such a thing I might point them to here and here for starters.

I would love to see more transparent themes. I have tried many themes but i keep coming back the the default N series theme because of transparent part and it looks the most clean theme there is imo.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-05-19 at 17:51.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
I would love to see more transparent themes. I have tried many themes but i keep coming back the the default N series theme because of transparent part and it looks the most clean theme there is imo.
Harmony rules!

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Siggen View Post
I dont know if this is what he means, but anyway a desktop environment drawn in 3D:

i wnt this. wow

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
i wnt this. wow
This would be possible. If you want to see a decent n900 demo, get nehegles installed and run Lesson 08: Blending.

Start the cube spinning with the arrow buttons, and then hit 'b.'

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
i wnt this. wow
on your N900 or on your PC?
if on your PC, just download Ubuntu, install it, install compiz and there you go.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
on your N900 or on your PC?
if on your PC, just download Ubuntu, install it, install compiz and there you go.
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing there would be a problem with the Ubuntu X11 libraries or configuration not being optimized for the n900 graphics hardware (very slow). But if that's true, from what I can tell, the SGX API is available to anyone that dares, or maybe someone could just tweak xorg.config. Regardless, I'm optimistic that MeeGo will produce the X11 stuff we'll be looking for to use the hardware-accelerated window manager of our choice.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Originally Posted by gidoca View Post
I actually think the way the N900 handles it (opaque dialog, blurry background) is more user friendly, because it is less distracting. Transparent dialogs reduce readability too much IMO.
I also think it's better, but that's not the point. The point is having this choice available - there will be people who prefer it.

I know nothing about theming and N900's theme engine, so I can't comment on whether it's possible. But I am also curious.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
On dialogs? Not by basic theming. Don't know if deeper digging into file system would provide solution to tweak the transparency of dialogs.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE