Notices

Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
here you go
http://liqbase.net/20090508_libliqba...ytest.1.tar.gz

its still very very raw and is nowhere near complete, but the feeling is starting to come back
a quick peek into the building site.

im still quite a long way from a release but, well i'm working my fingers to the bone

just extract this on your device somewhere executable and run the dodgy run_sa_root shell script within
it copies the library to usr/lib and runs the binary with only a few required items.
if you load the whole binary in one go it loads too many items for a single screen and it runs really poorly cos it has to do so much.

ps, run in performance mode - this version doesn't try to upgrade itself yet.
You, my friend, are a god amongst men. This will be run on my tablet asap! I'll report back... Thanks a hell of a lot

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
Looking really good.

I had to unpack on my eee wrong magic with gzip or something First run a bit jumpy with flashes but second run smooth as silk ( Performance mode ?)

Smooth as ever, Gary! Very, very nice. I can't wait until you get the actual applications working, though. The widgets are amazing, nonetheless

Now all I need... are python bindings...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aisu For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
lcuk, looks good, but some weirdness with the touchscreen, sometimes objects get, um, knocked from under the stylus. Then the object you are dragging is not under the stylus anymore.

Anyway, it's probably too early to start mentioning problems, keep at it, Mr. Fremantle Star!

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
qole indeed it is, and you are talking about the community planning screen i gather.
its essentially the same screen from the video (that i had buttons on and movement worked, but changed the loaded glyphs to something more usable, I have something in mind for it..) but along the way i broked it a bit...

lcuk

just came across your app following onedotzero videos. OMG this is exactly the app I have been looking for. I scribble on my note pad just like this every day, but normally stuff gets dumped. Have spent all weekend sketching stuff. Running on my n800 very sweet.

n900 will be amazing.

This App is THE reason why I hope Nokia never go to capcitive screens.

Mike C

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
That won't be my job
I am but one man who can give you ideas.

In a couple of days liqbase will be released and it will be up to you lot to take it further.
If you want a compatible VKB, mix the other public XML one with mine and make it work

Benson, don't tell anyone but the main reason why I have not bothered about making my buttons and menus look nice is because theres a backdoor pathway to doing exactly that

It has been in mind from the start for the whole UI.
But anyway, thats not coming for at least a while yet

Looks like in part I helped myself having a bit of a review of past messages and seeing how far I have come, it has taken a couple of years of talking to myself (4d me is cool).
The original monolithic classical liqbase application was broken up into a library and applications (to help ease the development/crossover load)
I added some little things to make it easy building apps and started to make things look pretty.

The libliqbase library has had UI tools that make apps that look like this:

Now much more recently improved personalised handwritten UI (based on sketchfont branch implemented in 2008!):

I am so pleased to have actually implemented this inside the standard library now, it was less code than learning to write neatly!

I have been sat with this image on my wall for a while now.

Well, my writing is better now and this is how it looks in detail:

#Smile

Last edited by lcuk; 2011-02-15 at 18:39.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
hello there
I have a really annoying thing here: every time I change my note in day view and press back to go to calendar it closes like it thinks I am done. But usually I am not, I used to make a few notes to different days in a row.
How to fix it?

So,

as we all know the sad fact, that lcuk passed away, I wonder if his app is still around some where? The files on his old website are leading all to a 404, so I am wondering, if maybe someone has stored by chance some versions of his Liqbase.

To me his ideas for the application were allways really nice, and his Liqcalendar, which i use alot, are never-to-miss Apps for the n900. Though i wonder if there is a chance for other Developers to step in and maybe complete his work? I dont know much about all that GPL GNU whatever thing, and my skills in coding are limited to webstuff and Java (sadly).

So what I am trying to say: Are the old versions of his Liqbase still out there? Are they OpenSource? I really would like to have this instant sketch feature back to my beloved N900, but after flashing, the Liqbase version i used to have dissaperead from HAM.
Is there any1 by chance who stored one of the first versions?

like this one maybe? http://liqbase.net/liqbase_classic.html

greetings

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schokopudding For This Useful Post:
Ok seems like nobody is really interested in this... so can at least someone provide me a working version of a liqbase? I currently run 0.3.58 which is not working for me. Or lets say input is not accurate, it seems like the drawing screen is smaller, than the actual screen.

I once had a working version, but reflashing flushed it, and i cant seem to find it again.

So is there anyone out, who can provide a working version for me?