As not (yet?) on open repos thought would post here:
https://github.com/skvark/Textractor...ses/tag/v0.1-1
Author is looking for icon and banner for harbour (@unpixels on twitter)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Thanks for posting this here, I got the icon and banner already. Next release will be in the Jolla store when I got some things sorted out.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to skvark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skvark View Post
Thanks for posting this here, I got the icon and banner already. Next release will be in the Jolla store when I got some things sorted out.
Oops, sorry, didn't notice your tmo handle in the url, and THANKS! Awesome app!

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
This really is great (except it throws an error when using screenshots, might need to change output format if possible), having only ancient greek/maths and english it still recognized half of a greek airport sign (english parts in higher percentage), the brussels sign to throw paper INTO the toilet (seemed funny as most of the time it was reverse, don't clog our precious pipes), sadly 0 accuracy, but it was in weird font anyway. When will realtime OCR/translation come?

edit: just an extract I find amazing:

Code:
Litterin‘g in the terminal is not permitted. Please dispose of cigarette butts,gUm,y 1
etc in the rubbish bins provided and make proper use of the bins separating, plastic

and. paperfrom other trash.

CKo'rn‘VIopa o Smoking > I I . . f .. _
’ I Aev. errnpérrerou ro Kornvropor orouc xrbpouc rou Aapoororepofi smog omo rouc npoKoreopiopsvouc _‘
V r to: «uni To oxom') or orroior (pépouv Tnv orvorhoyn onpoivon. V r » _

[gmoking is not permitted the It only allowed in the designated‘areésré,
And this is from this pic:

(don't ask me why it is turned around, gallery upload to twitter? (photofunia had similar bug with initial pre-4.29 release) or the textractor is impacted, not sure)

Last edited by szopin; 2015-06-03 at 22:24.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
This really is great (except it throws an error when using screenshots, might need to change output format if possible), having only ancient greek/maths and english it still recognized half of a greek airport sign (english parts in higher percentage), the brussels sign to throw paper INTO the toilet (seemed funny as most of the time it was reverse, don't clog our precious pipes), sadly 0 accuracy, but it was in weird font anyway. When will realtime OCR/translation come?

edit: just an extract I find amazing:

Code:
Litterin‘g in the terminal is not permitted. Please dispose of cigarette butts,gUm,y 1
etc in the rubbish bins provided and make proper use of the bins separating, plastic

and. paperfrom other trash.

CKo'rn‘VIopa o Smoking > I I . . f .. _
’ I Aev. errnpérrerou ro Kornvropor orouc xrbpouc rou Aapoororepofi smog omo rouc npoKoreopiopsvouc _‘
V r to: «uni To oxom') or orroior (pépouv Tnv orvorhoyn onpoivon. V r » _

[gmoking is not permitted the It only allowed in the designated‘areésré,
And this is from this pic:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGm9PYGWcAIMfo_.jpg
(don't ask me why it is turned around, gallery upload to twitter? (photofunia had similar bug with initial pre-4.29 release) or the textractor is impacted, not sure)
The error was related to too low resolution and it is fixed now. I haven't tested yet properly other formats than jpg.

I'll check why images gets mirrored.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skvark For This Useful Post:
Thanks! (weird thing is that image still displays properly in gallery, but after textractor went through it and gallery upload to twitter it ended up turned sideways (just checked with fresh image from gallery, behaves as expected), yeah some things in jolla work in mysterious ways C: )

Thanks! (weird thing is that image still displays properly in gallery, but after textractor went through it and gallery upload to twitter it ended up turned sideways (just checked with fresh image from gallery, behaves as expected), yeah some things in jolla work in mysterious ways C: )
Can you give the steps how to reproduce this? I found one rotation bug (when usb port was pointing to right) in which the image was rotated too much but this is not the same one.

I tried to reproduce that mirroring issue by uploading some images taken in Textractor/selected via Textractor to Twitter and everything worked correctly. Did you scale the image before upload in the gallery app and did you take the image in Textractor or did you select the image?

The Following User Says Thank You to skvark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skvark View Post
Can you give the steps how to reproduce this? I found one rotation bug (when usb port was pointing to right) in which the image was rotated too much but this is not the same one.

I tried to reproduce that mirroring issue by uploading some images taken in Textractor/selected via Textractor to Twitter and everything worked correctly. Did you scale the image before upload in the gallery app and did you take the image in Textractor or did you select the image?
I really don't think I can. I just threw at it a ton of pictures/screenshots and after being impressed by the greek sign, uploaded it to twitter as an example of great reading and this was turned. Let me check, brb

edit: yeah, tried to reproduce, but bukowski's quote is oriented correctly (opening the image by the app 'modifies it' as in shuffles to the top of available options, even if nothing was done with it)

Last edited by szopin; 2015-06-04 at 15:37.

Aaaah and got it, picture from mexico I took (no text, just for test:
https://twitter.com/szopin/status/60...479424/photo/1
This got turned left-right, this is the resulting B/W OCR image (already turned) https://twitter.com/szopin/status/60...356288/photo/1 )

I really don't think I can. I just threw at it a ton of pictures/screenshots and after being impressed by the greek sign, uploaded it to twitter as an example of great reading and this was turned. Let me check, brb

edit: yeah, tried to reproduce, but bukowski's quote is oriented correctly (opening the image by the app 'modifies it' as in shuffles to the top of available options, even if nothing was done with it)
Hmm, hopefully it was just some one time glitch.

Yes, it shuffles to the top of options because it is actually modified even if you see message "An error occured. Image could not be preprocessed." because before preprocessing the image is opened, the dots per meter value is changed and rotation is applied if necessary -> original image is overwritten by these changes.

The Following User Says Thank You to skvark For This Useful Post: