get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
WOL does not wake up my pc saying "host is not running"
plz note:-
my pc does not wake up by pressing any keyboard key or by moving mouse

i have to press power button from cpu(by which we start pc) to wake him up

If you haven't done so already you have to enable the wake on lan option on your motherboard.
I don't think your mouse and keyboard have anything to do with it

The Following User Says Thank You to dantonic For This Useful Post:
I think you can only Wake On Lan a computer that is in 'sleep' mode. I.e., not when it is completely powered down.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Huh? WOL is supposed to work up on maigc packet if your mainboard and NIC still receive current, which should be the case with ATX power supplies in "off" state. All current is switched off only when there's a physical off-switch in the power supply, or the lead is unplugged.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
What I do to troubleshoot wake on lan:

First try to wake the machine from an S3 state.
S3 is when the machine is in sleep or standby
for machine states look here

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blog...-states-s0-s5/

If this works then it means the N900 is sending the magic packet and the network is setup properly. Then turn the machine off. Try to get it to work from S5. If you see it doesn't work check to see if the RJ45 jack on your PC has an LED it should remain on when the PC is in S5. If it isn't check your bios settings to enable wake on lan from S5. Any further steps depend on your OS. If you multiboot your PC then you also need to make sure both have wake from S5 enabled otherwise booting the OS which has it disabled then shutting down would mean it is disabled again until you boot the other OS.

If you suspect it's the app (which i doubt) then try this python script
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38785

Last edited by Cue; 2011-12-22 at 09:40.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Also keep in mind, that some machines (most of the times notebooks - Dell ones, for example), have irritating behavior of shutting power from LAN interface, even if AC power is present, and WOL enabled in BIOS. It is the case in my (otherwise, totally awesome machine) XPS M1530, so i can wake it only from Standby/Hibernation state.

Trivia: The funniest thing, is that - at least in case of Dell machines - shutting down LAN interface when WOL is enabled occur 3-5 seconds *after* notebook is shut down completely - you can watch it by LAN socket LED status, or by re-enabling it - via WOL - from shutdown fast enough (in said 5 seconds interval, after shutting it down) - so, probably, little modification of LAN module (providing external power source) would fix that issue, as interface communication seems to be working fine until motherboard pull power off, without saying 'goodnight'.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

on dell machines, you need to turn off Low power mode in bios, or similar settings under power managment settings

The Following User Says Thank You to rege For This Useful Post:
No such option in many versions of Dell'ish (version of) Phoenix BIOS, but thanks, anyway.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
For those who still may have interest in this little program, I downloaded it this morning because I could not get etherwake to work. For some reason I get an error "Host not found" every time I wake up my desktop computer from the phone. Despite the error message it works fine.

Has anyone succeeded using the command line?

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
Anthonie,

Please use the version 0.2-1. The "host not found message" is corrected in this verion. It could be in extra devel but it is fully stable: I use it almost every day.

The Following User Says Thank You to mno@8 For This Useful Post: