Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
So are you saying that you get new keyboard layout automatically visible in virtual keyboards language popper after installation and you do not have to go to Settings -> System Settings -> Text Input -> Keyboards and enable it from there? I do not mean keyboard already installed before SailfishOS update, but new ones.

I get new keyboards visible on text input settings as disabled keyboard and need to enable from there manually.

Anyway I have now configuration script that can automatically enable and disable keyboard when installed/uninstalled. I wait confirmations how this feature actually works for others and do some testing before updating any keyboard packages.

Last edited by Penguin; 2014-03-18 at 02:25.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
I tested with your package (bulgarian_phonetic_keyboard) too and neither of my two Jollas enable that layout either. Could be something to do with if you have ever touched the enabled layout list in settings or not. I have.
Maybe because it was installed and enabled before the update (just guessing).

Yes, only such keyboard is applicable to testing this, which was not installed during Ohijärvi update. Once enable remains enabled even if uninstalled and installed again. Once disabled remains disabled after uninstall - install cycle.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
do u know how to make chinese keyboard??

Ok, now I have end user confirmation that new keyboard must be manually enabled from settings. I will proceed according to that and target to publish my solution to this by tomorrow.

Czech keyboard has now script to enable it automatically during installation and cleanup configuration during uninstallation. After user feedback I will update other layouts too (or start fixing issues).

Install with warehouse to ensure keyboard-custom-common dependency package will be installed too or download it separate and install first.

Requires SailfishOS 1.0.4.x or newer and won't install on older releases.

Last edited by Penguin; 2014-03-19 at 03:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
do u know how to make chinese keyboard??
Who? Me? I do not know chinese, but if you or anyone has interest to create one I can try to help in the creation process.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Czech keyboard has now script to enable it automatically during installation and cleanup configuration during uninstallation. After user feedback I will update other layouts too (or start fixing issues).

Install with warehouse to ensure keyboard-custom-common dependency package will be installed too or download it separate and install first.

Requires SailfishOS 1.0.4.x or newer and won't install on older releases.
can you share your script please ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Of course. I want to ensure first that it works really properly

The Following User Says Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post: