Active Topics

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by xmob View Post
Who changed the topic subject, and why?
I did. "Security breach?" wasn't descriptive. Other threads were opened because people didn't see this thread or didn't realize it might have to do with their problem. The automated, similar thread search during new thread creation had little chance of finding this existing thread. And the longer, descriptive title should draw more attention, alerting other users to the problem.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by niceduck View Post
Before making this too big issue, please go to site you downloaded pr1.2 and read eula and privacy statement there.
most of us didn't "go to a site". they only clicked on an orange exclamation mark.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
First of all people should read sometime things calling "Terms and Conditions". And i got to say not a pleasant thing. I think if people pay more attention to that in all the products that they buy probably most of them will think twice before buying anything especial concerning technology and communication devices.
So i flashed my phone the good news is that rootsf jumped from 74 to 92Mb. But the bad news i still getting that failed message. Although i did unsubscribe from nokia.com/mynokia as i posted in a previous post.

Nokia you owe me one dollar for messages that i didnt ask
and stop invading my privacy !

I think this a BIG issue, no the one to make jokes...
I don't care about their "Terms & Conditions", if they abuse on them, they are invalid, at least here, in Spain.

Regards to all.

PS: Personally... that only a few who are regulars to this forum showed great concern over this... makes me feel great embarrassment.
We have the world we deserve...

I am sure the fanbois are concerned about this issue as much as anyone. They just can't say it.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Originally Posted by niceduck View Post
Before making this too big issue, please go to site you downloaded pr1.2 and read eula and privacy statement there.

You didn't read them when downloading ? Shame, since otherwise you would known that by downloading you agreed those terms and thus gave permission for data collecting.

And on Software agreement; software is provided as it is. If automatic registration is part of PR1.2, then you either accept that or you won't upgrade, simple as it is.
Would you mind if your N900 after the upgrade started mass sending of premium SMSes leaving you with a bill of several thousand Euro?

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Yorkshire
First of all people should read sometime things calling "Terms and Conditions".
Don't forget that some of us never saw any T&Cs to accept.

The Following User Says Thank You to xmob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Yorkshire
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I did. "Security breach?" wasn't descriptive.
That wasn't the original subject.

From section 4.1 of the maemo.org T&Cs:
Thus, the advice, views, opinions, and validity of information expressed are solely the responsibility of the original sender.
Unless somebody changes it for you!

Don't forget that some of us never saw any T&Cs to accept.
That's the REAL problem... at least, for me...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
That wasn't the original subject.
You're right, the original title included "PR1.2".

Originally Posted by Thread Edit Log
06:17, 28th May 2010 sjgadsby Thread title (original 'PR1.2 Privacy breach?') changed