Notices

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
in my opinion > it is hard to toggle page by pressing vol. key while keyboard is open,

can you replace the key (page toggle vol key) in next ver..if yo think the same?
Yep, I have a few ideas already and I'm currently working on it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
will this work on N9 ?

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
will this work on N9 ?
Well, thats the plan - I'm about done with separating the Core and GUI components of Mieru. When done, it should be possible to quite easily support the N9 with a QML based GUI and the N8x0 with a plain GTK GUI.

I have also already applied for the N9 devkit with the aim of porting Mieru and modRana to Hartmattan, so wish me luck.

Oh, and page caching is done (in GIT for now).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
^ You're doing this for the N8x0 as well?

Thank you, thank you!

Hey Martin, is there any possible chance for .chm support?

I've got several of my favorite med books in this format.

Pretty please, can we have more zoom options?

If controlable zoom is not possible, something like original x2 x3 x4 and so on would be wonderful.

I like reading my ebooks/comics on the move (walking), but in some comics, particularly for the smaller font comments and such, original (the largest I can get on Mieru) is simply not enough, with the end font being just tiny.

The zoom in the basic picture viewer (the app that was pre-installed) is much better (but of course it does not remember the last read page, and jumps between pages way to easily, making it a pain).

In less important feature request, any chance Mieru could be used on a vertical axis, not horizontal? I am not sure what the proper terminology is, but Mieru only works the |___| screen, and does not rotate the 90 degrees for the rotated one.

Finally: I like scrolling with the arrow buttons, they seem to be "dead" in Mieru.

I think that coding in the first and third request would be easy, and would improve the soft functionality sky high.

I was chatting with my CS friend about it a while ago (I am a rare non CS user of Maemo), and he was suprised Mieru did not support above original zoom, too...

Sadly, now I have the choice of Mieru with insufficient zoom, or picture viewer, which takes minutes to navigate to the page I want, and then jumps around them In other words, for now, I've given up on N900 as a portable comic reader

Last edited by piotrus; 2011-07-04 at 04:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to piotrus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey Martin, is there any possible chance for .chm support?

I've got several of my favorite med books in this format.
Are they paged + do they have images ?

I have made a quick survey and there seems to be a library and even Python bindings for reading CHM files - but seem to be quite dated & would need to be ported to Maemo & MeeGo first.

Originally Posted by piotrus View Post
Pretty please, can we have more zoom options?
I'm thinking how to control this, maybe:
  • a simple multiplier that would be 1x by default
  • multitouch gestures on devices where this is available
  • corkscrew zoom like in microb
  • alternate meaning for doubleclick

Also note the images might get quite blurry with zoom larger than the original size.

In less important feature request, any chance Mieru could be used on a vertical axis, not horizontal? I am not sure what the proper terminology is, but Mieru only works the |___| screen, and does not rotate the 90 degrees for the rotated one.
Mieru should support classic portrait rotation. Check out the corresponding section in Options - you can even force landscape/portrait.

Finally: I like scrolling with the arrow buttons, they seem to be "dead" in Mieru.
Good point, I'll add the arrows to the keycode list.

Last edited by MartinK; 2011-07-08 at 22:56. Reason: fixing a typo

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Katowice, Poland
Any chance for online manga sites like mangareader, mangastream or mangafox integration? That would be awesome

Are they paged + do they have images ?
Hey Martin. I'm not quite sure what you're exactly asking with this question.

Anyway, this is a screenie for one of the books on my N800 using kchmviewer.

Great app! Looking forward to those improvements!

By the way, a zoom-in to the specific location you double-tap would be a nice addition (Especially for those hard-to-read texts) and then zoom-out to the original position. In my case, I use to switch from "Fit to width" to "Original size" and viceversa but you end up scrolling up/down (it gets a bit annoying after a while).

Another option would be a magnifying glass pop-up window, as seen in others cbr readers (like comix) but in a less intrusive fashion (eg: giving you the option of adjusting the zoom level and enabling/disabling it through on-screen buttons or keys).

Cheers!

PD: Does it support bluetooth mouse?

Last edited by Khan_81; 2011-07-09 at 01:13.