Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by NobodyInPerson View Post
Still strange that the custom ambiences are unfindable...
I don't think there is any custom ambience files. It's probably just a reference in some user configuration file. I didn't spend time trying to find out which one.
Let us know if you need help with the workaround.

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Hi,

To my understanding information about custom ambiences is stored in a database under /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Ambienced -folder. Obviously the storage format is different from packaged ambiences.

Also, as the path name suggests, it is privileged data and thus not accessible by Harbour applications. And this is why Situations does not list custom ambiences either.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
...information about custom ambiences is stored in a database under /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Ambienced -folder. Obviously the storage format is different from packaged ambiences.
...it is privileged data and thus not accessible by Harbour applications. And this is why Situations does not list custom ambiences either.
Ah okay! Sure, on the one hand it's logical to put custom ambiences somewhere into the home folder and not under /usr/share/ambience, which would require root privileges every time when accessed. But why blocking harbour apps from accessing this (to my mind) quite unsensitive information? Does not make a lot of sense to me...

I will try to follow eson's approach. Maybe I find a way to avoid a whole reboot...

Last edited by NobodyInPerson; 2017-01-14 at 08:04.

Hep,

New version of Situations (2.6.86) is now available for early access in familiar location:
http://www.pastillilabs.com/situations/sailfish

Consider it beta that can screw up your current configuration, though. It is not submitted to Harbour yet as I'm hoping somebody does install it first and reports back if there are problems in the update.

Biggest changes are on Android side (support for Marshmallow), but there is some general & Sailfish specific development as well:

- Fixed evaluation of timed situations after restart
- New json storage format (the most potential source of problems in the update)
- New vibration action available in the downloads

The new storage format should make it easier to do manual changes to situations configuration. That is, you can edit at least /home/nemo/.local/share/harbour-situations2application/harbour-situations2application/situations2/situations.json by hand - for example to add or remove cell ids as the current UI remains quite limited for that sort of use case. You can of course also mess the configuration and kill the app by doing weird stuff there, so be careful

Also, note that storage gets read in application startup only. You should stop the app completely before doing any manual changes. Otherwise they will most likely just get overwritten. Initial conversion to json format will be done only when necessary, so you might need to edit something from the app first.

No documentation on the format is (or will be) available and no guarantees that it will stay the same.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
Great, seems to work fine so far.

One enhancement would be nice (or maybe it's in there already but I don't see it): Is there a way to create a situation that is active when the Situations app starts?
Background: I would like to autostart some apps, like e.g. CuteSpot and Battery Log, I can create a situation that starts them, but how can I make it active at start of the Situations application (and not all the time, since I don't want to have the apps restarted all the time)?

The Following User Says Thank You to duesselschorsch For This Useful Post:
The only way that comes to my mind is by creating a situation that launches the apps, disable automation for it and activate it manually (swipe the situation item left & right).

This of course means that the said situation will always be active. Situations does not monitor the apps it launches, so they should only be launched once.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
Thanks, so I created a situation "Startup" now which is active when battery is not less than 30% - so when the battery is good enough and the Situations App is starting, it will start the various applications for me. Good to know that it only tries to start them once, so I don't have to worry about it draining my battery.

Small update released today (v2.6.90), fixing some bugs mainly on Android side of things.

Celebrating 600 likes for the app in Jolla store, also new Log action is available for download Can be used to record situation start & end times to one or more log files. Files are written to /home/nemo/situations -folder. But I guess relative paths can be defined for the log files also.

Seems that the version string inside the application got out of sync in this update again...

Br,
Heikki

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Another small update (v2.6.92) released today.

Also Internet Sharing (or tethering) action - wifi only - is now available.

Br,
Heikki

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Another small update (v2.6.92) released today.

Also Internet Sharing (or tethering) action - wifi only - is now available.

Br,
Heikki
Yay! can´t wait to test!

Tags
sailfish os, situations